#OnlyIn... A Comedy Thread

Are you a citizen of Gotham, Metropolis, Central or Star City? Are any of these cities your vacation destination of choice? Do each of these cities have their own… um… quirks that make them like no place else?

Welcome to the #OnlyIn… thread, a comedy based thread inspired by the #OnlyIn… memes online, so I figured why not bring it to the DCU itself. Post your fun and hilarious story/experiences in the most beloved cities in the DC Universe!

:warning: Keep in mind this is a joke purpose thread, not a city bashing thread, no matter how much Fear toxin has made Gotham City smell, it is still home to many Gothamites and wannabe Gothamites (like myself for example). Memes from Tumblr or online are acceptable just as long as you state where you found it from, please. :warning:

#OnlyInGotham is it now dangerous to say “punchline”.

Y’all get the picture? Don’t be afriad to grab the mic, stand up and tell us your favorite #OnlyIn… joke(s) :microphone:

Have fun!

9 Likes

#OnlyInGotham will you get two responses from strangers when you shout “RED ROBIN!”, “WHERE?” and “YUUUM!”

8 Likes

#Onlyingotham When you say do you know how I got these scars and everyone runs because it’s never good like 2020

6 Likes

#OnlyinCoastCity can you see men flying in the air with space jewelry fighting each other in spandex.

8 Likes

So this one is from Tumblr, but the picture refuses to upload on here, so I’m gonna type it out.

I got tired of vigilantes and rogues breaking my window, so about a month ago I replaced it with two inch thick plexiglass. After Red Hood figured it out, I guess he took it as a challenge to break my window, so now I just spend hours sitting in front of my window and drinking coffee as he throws multiple items at my window; rogues and other vigilantes are not an uncommon sight. Yesterday he threw a cat at my window, and started banging his head against the wall. #itsquiteamusing #bestentertainment #OnlyInGotham #hejustthrewJokeratmywindow
Update: He just threw Red Robin and after faceplanting against my window he sorta just stayed there and stared at my coffee. #getRedRobinhelp

I found this a bit amusing as well, but you know it’s not written by me, I would never use that many hashtags.

#emojismaybe​:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

#Onlyinmetropolis will you one moment be walking to work, and then due to a magical imp, are an ostrich.

8 Likes

True. I wonder if there’s like a workplace policy for that scenario. Because I heard that Gotham and Metropolis has insurance policies for accidents caused by rogues and vigilantes.

#OnlyInGotham #OnlyInMetropolis, at least as far as I know of…

6 Likes

#OnlyInBludhaven does the city’s main vigilante leave and come back every year…

6 Likes

#OnlyinFawcettCity are people terrified of caterpillars

7 Likes

You ever eat at Bat Burger and not get the Robin you want. (Every time)
#OnlyInGotham

5 Likes

The struggle is real. The only time the Red Hood toy is at our table is when Damian gets it, and even though we tell him that he doesn’t have to keep it (cause I want it) he always says “THE TOY IS MINE!” and I don’t have the heart to take it from him.

#OnlyInGotham indeed :+1:

5 Likes

#OnlyinMetropolis its the only place you hope it’s actually bird poop that fell on your shoulder! It’s still an eww factor either way.

6 Likes

OnlyinFawcettCity where you hear some kid yell Shazam and lightning turns him into a Superhero! You ate the whole bag of shrooms yeah ok and what does “kid turned Superhero look like”?

5 Likes

That time when one of your BF’s showed up at your door without a place to live anymore cuz’ her apartment building burned down and then later after a seriously heavy-duty Baddie takedown you have a moment to reflect on the events of the past few days and you remember that it was probably the explosives that you were storing in your van at her building that maybe kinda’ might’ve sparked the blaze that burned your BF’s apartment building to the ground in the first place- and then you’ve gotta’ fess up. And she’s got a VERY LOUD VOICE and you’re hoping she doesn’t yell at you. Mm-hmm. Yep.

#OnlyInGotham

5 Likes

OnlyinGothamcity you have a bunch of people in depressing colored costumes and they all are obsessed with Bats on their chest! :bat:

4 Likes

#OnlyInGotham can you get beat up by the gourmet burger man himself Tim Drake
Unless you are unlucky enough to get beat up by his female duck persona

4 Likes

#OnlyInGotham are you afraid of going Christmas shopping in the mall due to the fact that all the mall plants can come to life, grow bigger, and release something that makes you feel more… passionate. All you wanted was to get your loved one crazy socks, but that’s considered dangerous now, I guess.

4 Likes

(I almost cried when I read that issue)

3 Likes

#OnlyInGotham is it acceptable to change a Christmas song classic to make fun of your founding vigilante. Bonus, we are going to let the criminal who changed it get a free pass of breaking out of Arkham on a Christmas tree rocket, and we’ll call it our annual Christmas special, just as long as we aren’t starring in it alongside him.

4 Likes

That time when you saved the city’s resident rich guy from certain death only to find out later that he’s the alter ego of your crimefighting inspirational figure and that he’s got kind of an annoying sidekick who you spend half the night crimefighting with and the other half trying to get the one up on. Then later on you fall in love with this goofy guy because A) he really is a solid guy, and B) OMG look at that a55 :eyes:. And then a little further down the road he falls in love with some “Spice Girl” (BG’s words not mine :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) from another planet and now they actually might have had a kid together. Oof.

#OnlyInGotham

5 Likes