Once More, John Constantine Returns

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/07/09/hellblazer-enters-the-sandman-universe-this-october-from-dc

6 Likes

I’m so excited about this book.

1 Like

I am too.

I wasn’t overly impressed with the DC You or Rebirth books to feature ol’ John, but this sounds pretty darn good so far.

1 Like

@Vroom
You beat me to my post! I love Constantine, and I hope from the bottom of my heart that this series is as good as that wonderful 1988 to 2013 series that holds such a fond place in my heart. Can’t wait.

1 Like

Now I’m thinking of reading the remainder of John’s DC You and Rebirth books as I gots Hellblazer on me brain (but no blisters on me fingers).

1 Like

@Vroom
I gave both of them a shot, neither one impressed. I made a thread about this awhile ago, but I don’t really like Constantine interacting with DC characters outside of the supernatural. If you want good Constantine that’s on the app, you can read Justice League Dark and watch CW Constantine (if you haven’t already), both of which are awesome.

1 Like

Constantine in the Sandman universe? :thinking:

1 Like

@Mae
It’s the closest thing we’re going to get to an isolated Vertigo-esque Hellblazer series now that DC’s shut down their imprints (sort of). I’d much rather it be part of the Sandman series than fully ingrained in the DCU like the Rebirth series was. Also, Constantine was a guest star in Sandman, so there is precedent for it.

Never understood why people hate john in the main dc universe. He literally started there and I’m sorry but the point of reading dc is the whole shared world.

Constantine screwed over Gemworld so I say F him. There were plenty of worlds under the Ancient One’s lease agreement, why’d he have to trap an army of parademons inside the only one we care about?

@mgiger
Constantine doesn’t not work in the DC universe, he just doesn’t work alongside your Superman/Wonder Woman/Batman types. He works with Swamp Thing (which is where he debuted), Sandman, and the crew of Justice League Dark because they’re more supernatural, less super powered. At least that’s how I feel.