On your mark ...get set ...go!!!! Let the Wally Wood penciler / inker scavenger hunt in the DCU comic book library begin... NOW!!!!

A Wally Wood Wally West! Love the way the mirror reflects the angle and perspective of the room.

Inking Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez

DC Special Series #11

Now that is a scavenger hunt find!!! that is an incredible version of Wally!

1 Like

Did Wally hide??

He put a graduation gown on in a flash

1 Like

I think that piece with Wally was drawn by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez (fantastic talent in his own right) and inked by Wally Wood.

That’s what the credit tag reads to me at least.

2 Likes

@Vroom You’re totally right! Most of Wood’s DC work was inking, and it’s dope to see what he brings out of different artists!

1 Like

Any more Wally Wood sightings lately???

1 Like

Might have neared the end of his DC contributions (at least the ones on this app), but before this thread gets buried in time, would like to share why he’s such a special artist to me. These images are from the EC Library series that Fantagraphics is putting out. The Wood volumes are “Came the Dawn” and “Spawn of Mars”. They are cover to cover some of the finest comic art I’ve ever seen, and have to share it with everybody here.

1 Like

Here’s another sci-fi one. Love his spacesuits

1 Like

This is an amazing story. There are several stories that EC published in the 50’s that just make you cry over how sophisticated they were, and how the Comics Code set everything back so far. They seem an anomaly now, but those EC guys were turning out very literate comics, and were the main focus of the censorship wave, despite Batman and Robin having some of the funnier examples in Wertham’s trash book.

1 Like

One of my favorite story titles. Also look closely for the first appearance of Magneto – the ship’s anti-grav system hahaha!

1 Like

It must be my age, because I’m convinced that real space ships have to have instrument panels that are identical to what Wally Wood drew in the '50s!

1 Like