On DC Universe Postings Is Vertigo Related Topics an OK Thing to Do? Like Sandman or Hellblazer?

How “Cool” is it to bring up Vertigo topics in Community Forums? Like Preacher, Sandman, Hellblazer etc…

3 Likes

I can’t think of any reason why not? Especially now that the vertigo name is gone. I don’t think talking about any of those is any different than talking about Watchmen! But I’m not a mod, so take that with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

It’s fine. Vertigo is still DC, so it’s completely okay to post about it.

3 Likes

What did you think of new 52 and rebirth Constantine?

2 Likes

Love it all! JL Dark Vol 1! Rebirth is also fun to read in my opinion. Even the "Constantine, The Hellblazer ‘DC You’ Thing in the middle when he has a boyfriend who’s little girls are in danger. Ive collected everything J.C From Delano and Ennis to Doyle, Tynion and Oliver. Spurrier is Doing great in the Sandman Comics. I Just love the idea of an asshole with basically Superhuman Wit!

2 Likes

@Matthew.salerno.art.68056 Just to confirm, these topics are totally fine to discuss! :relaxed:

4 Likes

Don’t worry about it. We do all the time. I’ve been wanting to read them for a while. So hearing more about them might shape my opinion and help me get one.

1 Like

Sandman is the best series I’ve ever read, hands down. The only thing that comes close to challenging it is another Vertigo series, Fables.

Sandman #31, a story titled ‘Three September’s and a January’ is the best single issue of a comic book.

I think what sets it apart for me is that the man the story revolves around, Joseph Norton, was a real person. I won’t spoil the story here for anyone who hasn’t read it, but I HIGHLY recommend seeking it out.

2 Likes

Which begs the question, Why Isn’t This content even noted in DCU Encyclopedia?
This is the return for The Sandman
Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 8.27.39 PM

2 Likes

While it’s of course fine to discuss Vertigo in the forums, we have not yet highlighted characters for Vertigo as our comics and associated content you see linked within the Encyclopedia reflects the content we feature on the service. This not only prevents confusion for our members, but it also focuses our efforts on expanding the thousands of characters and teams we still have yet to feature in the encyclopedia which are featured in our content.

4 Likes

DUDE! I love Sandman and I mention it constantly, My name also says it all. We can talk about whatever on here relating to DC

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. It does keep content true to name.

2 Likes

Sorry, BLack Label content is cool to post about too? Can I post a Black Label Cover for example?

2 Likes

Have you read about the first Sandman Wesley Dodds?

2 Likes

Oh yes. He’s a cool guy and I find his detective stories better then any Batman story

2 Likes

I keep seeing sandman comics on the dc comics website, I want to check them out!
Will they ever come to the DCUniverse subscription?

2 Likes

Yea, don’t worry about it. You can post pretty much anything on here so long as it follows the community guidelines. If you want to talk non-DC stuff, you can also do that on the Iceberg Lounge. Vertigo is DC though, so you’re in the right place. If you end up posting something somewhere that should be somewhere else, the mods are good at organizing things to be in their right categories.

1 Like

Indeed! We even have a club dedicated to discussing Black Label comics as they hit the shelves (or the delivery, these days) :slight_smile: We really want the Community to be a place where any DC fan can share their love. We also discuss board and video games!

1 Like

Oh, and you may be interested in this topic that talks about content we have that has that “Vertigo feel” on our service:

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions, and we look forward to seeing you even more around the boards :smiley:

2 Likes

Good form! Cheers! Lot of good Reading in this Fourm! Thank You!

1 Like