Oldest and Most Desired?

funny-big-bang-theory-sheldon-reads-comic-book-animated-gif

#1 - What is the oldest comic that you have in your personal collection? (Title Name and Year)

#2 - What is the one comic that you wish you had the most? (Not for money purposes, but which one do you crave to have in your collection the most?)

3 Likes

Oh this is neat. I had to look my oldest one up. I’m sure it won’t win any awards but mine is ‘The New Teen Titans’ Vol 2, #2. Release date is Oct 1984.

As for what I want the most? I’ve been slowly working my way through collecting all the issues of Tim’s run in Robin (1993). So to just be able to get all the issues I don’t have would be what I want the most right now.

3 Likes

World’s Finest #88 from 1957.

I pretty much have everything in physical form or as a reprint. Anything left is either too expensive or a Golden Age comic that will not be reprinted.

4 Likes

Hey that’s better than mine, my oldest DC comic is Batman & Robin #1 (2009) (I have older terminator comics though from the 80s)

As for the comic I want the most, I gotta go with Wonder Woman : The Hikiteia :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Oldest in terms of when the original story came out, or just which physical comic is literally the oldest? Because I have plenty of books that came out decades ago, but they’re mostly reprints that were technically made pretty recently

A hardcover version of the complete collection of Doomsday Clock. I’m not normally so picky w/ wanting a very specific book format for a trade, but this book hit me so hard the 1st time I read it that I knew I’d wait as long as it took for it to release in my preferred format before I read the whole thing again

3 Likes

Will have to find it, but it’s an old Batman comic. Detective comics maybe? All I recall is Robin (Dick) betraying Bruce on the cover… will have to dig that one up and return once I have!

Oh man, hard question… there are quite a few things I could say here, but I’ll just go with the simplest answer and say Elongated Man’s first appearance (in Flash #112)

3 Likes

I honestly think Batman: Under the Red Hood is my oldest comic. What can I say? I’ve only been collecting comics for about 4 years and I collect them in volumes.

As for desired, I’d have to say Red Robin (2009). I read about 30ish issues on here and after having to zoom in a lot, I realized that this is a series I need physically, not digitally. (The story was good btw)

2 Likes

An original copy of Miracleman #1 from 1985. The second would be all four issues of Batman: Year One and The Killing Joke

Most desired is tricky, as I would have to say The Question by Dennis O’Neil in a physical form is my most desired thing. I want the whole run, but even just one issue would be worth displaying.

3 Likes