Old Time Radio + Movie Serial Hero Listen Along 📻 Green Hornet Radio + Movie Serial 📻 Sunday January 23rd 11 am PT / 2 pm ET

It’s time again for the once-a-month Sunday Evening [Old Time Radio Action Heroes] :radio: Listen-Along :radio: 2 pm ET / 11 am PT / 1 pm CT, open to one and ALL!!!

2 short episodes = a fun way to celebrate the end of the weekend!!!

First, we’ll listen to a Green Hornet 1938 Radio Show episode and then we’ll leap over to The Green Hornet for a serial movie episode from 1940!

The Green Hornet 1938-05-05 - Citizenship Insurance Racket

Britt Reid (Gordon Jones), newspaper publisher, is waging war against the racketeers. Masked as “The Green Hornet,” he hunts the biggest of all game—public enemies that even the G-men cannot reach with his valet Kato!

Youtube: 26 1/2 minutes The Green Hornet 1938-05-05 - Citizenship Insurance Racket [1938-05-05] - YouTube

Google Drive: 26 1/2 minutes The Green Hornet 1938-05-05 - Citizenship Insurance Racket [1938-05-05].mp3 - Google Drive

Then, around 2:28 pm Eastern Time / 11:28 am Pacific Time / 1:28 pm Central Time, we’ll switch over to:

The Green Hornet 1940’s Serial Movie Episode : Chapter 3 – Flying Coffins. 21 1/2 minutes

Youtube: The Green Hornet (Chapter 3 - Flying Coffins) - YouTube

See you Sunday the 23rd !!!

2 Likes

More links to come soon!

1 Like

You had me at flying coffins :wind_face: :coffin:

1 Like

LOL I’m sure the fledgling airlines of the late 1930s were thinking that they wished this particular serial would stick with showing train travel in a bad light lol.

1 Like

Alright alright alright, we are GOOD TO GO for Sunday launch.

1 Like

1 Like

408049-2

1 Like

1 Like

Showtime in about an hour and 35 minutes

1 Like

Oh man! How cool! I want one! Are there any Green Hornet comics currently? I’ve never watched the movie that came out a while back but I’m a little surprised this character hasn’t been super popular in modern times!

It’s the Citizenship Insurance Racket first and then the radio episode correct?

1 Like

uh

the radio first

1 Like

Citizenship

1 minute

1 Like

the second is the movie serial

1 Like

Ok, are we ready??

1 Like

Let’s launch"

1 Like

Gotta love that ‘Flight of the :honeybee:’ theme song!

yup, Green Hornet continues to be published pretty regularly by I believe Dynamite

1 Like

Oh that’s so cool!!!

lmao great Italian accent here, oh yea, 100% accurate lmao