Old Fan Art! Feel Free to Share Your Own

While digging up some older stuff for the new Dick Grayson Club’s fanart event (go check it out), I found a bunch of my really older stuff, so I figured I’d share here. Feel free to add your own older stuff!

This was something like 15 years in the making. I sketched and painted (craft acrylics) everything but the three wanted posters in the back, put it away for whatever reason, forgot it existed, stumbled on it over a decade later, and finally finished what I started. I think it was my first DC fan art! Batman’s body is super wonky, but I’m still kind of proud about the rest. :laughing: (Ignore that watermark; it’s from a super old, long defunct dA account).

Another acrylics piece, made while still riding off the excitement of Arkham City. I meant to share it at Christmas, but my memory sucks.

11 Likes

CynicalPink: the Prequel! I love it!

Unfortunately nearly all my “art” (loosely) before Inktober was just original characters, and just their heads :laughing:

3 Likes

Haha, thank ya! And it’s still great that you drew your OCs! I dunno why, but I’ve almost never drawn original characters. Like, portraits of random figures and stuff, but never originals that I’ve fleshed out in my imagination or writing. Weird. :sweat_drops: I never really thought about it before.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I love looking at other fan’s DC art, so I thought this piece I did for a gallery show 5 years ago out here in LA. Hope you get the reference. :wink:

8 Likes

@dsalvatier That is gorgeous, in design and execution! Really love the sentiment behind it!

1 Like

Aww thanks a lot! As a guy who’s lost his dad, it definitely felt like the right way to tackle this relationship. Couldn’t have Superman without it!

1 Like

It’s beautiful.

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you guys dig it.

1 Like

This made me a little emotional

2 Likes

These are some watercolor paintings I did maybe three years ago. I miss painting, I haven’t done art lately.
Kong Kenan, Super-Man of China (read his series!)
Duke Thomas, The Signal

Jason Todd, Red Hood

-C

5 Likes

I hope that’s a good thing! And get back to painting. Seriously, the world needs more art.

2 Likes

Seconding what dsalvatier said! Your work is lovely and unique. If you get back into painting, please share with the community:)

Cool. You did a good job!

1 Like

Awesome

2 Likes