OK… OK… I’m Just Going To Say It

I have seen this post myself. It seems that you had found something hidden that most people here did not know about. I myself had no idea that that existed and I imagine that I’m not the only one. The reason why I personally didn’t leave a comment was because I felt I didn’t really have a place to do so, since I’ve never watched the show and wouldn’t have really been able to spot the difference upon first viewing.

That being said, try other threads that have more interaction. Like I said, Collectors Corner categories do well with activity, and don’t wave the “I’m alone” flag either. Allow yourself to take other people’s complents when they give you one. I know a lot of people who like to see really cool DC related things. Even if you don’t own any collectables or merch, look around for some online and share what you find, I know a lot of people do that too. It might take awhile to build up a reputation with people, but good things take work, not just a few attempts.

10 Likes

I have to agree with people not liking posts happening to all of us. I have had made posts on things that really interest me only to get barely any reaction to it, and then I have made posts on things that only mildly interest me only to have them get a lot of reactions. This is just something that happens from time to time. The only thing one can do is keep on trying. And, for me at least, it is worth it to try. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have my many friends in the DC Comics, classic television, and classic movie fandoms.

10 Likes

Well i want everyone on this forum to know. BigBlock loves you and appreciates you being here.
I’ve had a day from hell, (still going though it as we speak), but just know……you are ALL loved and appreciated.
You guys rock!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My day has been like……

But knowing that I have my amazing DC Family that i can always come back to , has me like….
giphy

10 Likes

Preach it

8 Likes

@Reforged um, ok,…. So, again, I’m truly sorry if I (we), have made you feel a certain way…. But please know that we all genuinely care for people on the forum. Per common sense, none of us really know what each person is going through, but the fact remains, you’re not alone.
For instance, nobody knows that I’ve been not only dealing with severe family trauma, law enforcement, and severe migraines today alone…… but here I am telling all my DC Family that I love you all.

You have a lot of great,amazing people on here that will lend an ear and help.

Hang in there my friend.

@msgtv ??

10 Likes

I’m good, just giving a shoutout of agreement

8 Likes

:fist_right: :fist_left:Awe, don’t say that my friend.
I was just tryin to say that we all want you here.
We’re good.
:sunglasses:

9 Likes

Wow…just wow.

From one writer to another, that was beautifully well-said.

:clap:t2:

8 Likes

As someone who, on occasion in the past, also feels like they’ve sent SOS messages of loneliness on an isolated island as a hurricane roars overhead, I sympathize with your feelings of isolation and a lack of feeling appreciated, @Reforged.

My POV with regards to that is aimed at people who claim to be my friend, but always fall short when it comes to actually being my friend.

To them and them alone, I say the following:

You claim you’re my friend.

Yet, when I try to have a levelheaded evaluation of our friendship due to your actions and seeming lack of interest in our “friendship”, you get upset, think I’m being emotionally manipulative and walk away like an impetuous child, rather than engaging in a healthy, civil discussion with someone who has, time and again, proven their friendship to you many, many times over.

I’m extraordinarily selective in who I befriend and truly open up to, and its the actions, or lack thereof to be precise, of so-called “friends” that are precisely why I lock myself off to all but those who actually are my friends and show it through their actions.

Talk is cheap, actions count. If you can’t be bothered to be an actual friend, and, when I politely bring up the matter because I truly care about our friendship and want it to succeed, you huff and puff and act like I’m at fault, then it begins to become blindingly obvious that maybe we just weren’t the friends I hoped we were, thought we were and you claimed we were.

I’ve got bigger fish to fry in life, so if you’re not willing to actually be the friend you claim to be, or at least engage in an adult and respectful conversation on how we can fix things, then let’s just amicably go our seperate ways and be done with the whole thing, because its obvious only one of us is truly putting effort into the friendship.

Whew! That felt good! :smile:

Anyway…

@Reforged The best advice I can offer is to just keep on doing the best you can, no matter what others say or how they act.

I know that that’s far, far easier said than done.

I’ve had my bouts of brooding in years past where I’ve thought “Why can’t I seem to connect with others?”.

I think it over, think of where I may have made mistakes and then use that as a basis for learning new things from, so as to hopefully engage with other like-minded people in the future.

No matter how lonely and isolated I’ve felt in the past, I keep my chin up, maintain a good sense of humor (which has been scientifically proven to be a healthy attribute to have), shrug off the weight of people who didn’t know what they had in me as a friend and strive toward a better tomorrow as best I can, because I truly and emphatically do believe that I will eventually befriend people who do see the friend they have in me and who, through their actions, show that they truly care as much about our friendship as I do.

Its going to take time. Its going to take standing tall when you’d rather collapse. Its going to take mustering up all of your optimism and say “I know things will, sooner or later, work out for the best and I’ll make some great friends.” when you’d sooner tell the world to go screw itself, but you cannot give up and receed further into the shadows of isolation, because that solves absolutely nothing.

Hard as it may be and clichéd as it may sound, you have to keep putting one foot in front of the other, do your best to be positive and focus on what makes you happy, because you will meet people of like minds who do get and appreciate you. There are things in life we sometimes have to wait a very long time for, but as the saying goes, “It was worth the wait.”

Anyway…I hope that ramble can be of help in some way. :slight_smile:

Maintain the course, do everything you can to the best of your ability and you will get off that figurative island and into a group of people who do cherish you and completely see you for the wonderful person you are.

7 Likes

I second this.

5 Likes

No matter the context, this is heartwarming.

7 Likes

This helps a lot… wow… THANKS!

5 Likes

:hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
You’re very welcome my dear friend

3 Likes

Nothing quite like a Superman hug to brighten someone’s day! :superman:

7 Likes

Just read through this thread, I really liked all the posts that are here.

@bigblock66 Wonderful first post. Everyone needs to feel positivity at times.

@Reforged I can understand the isolation. I felt that way a lot in my childhood an early adulthood (70s - 90s). Without going into it too much, lets just say being a gay child/young adult in a straight world during that time period was not easy.

Regarding your post that got likes, but not a lot of comments/activity, I will admit that I’ve liked posts that I haven’t replied to. In the 90s I moved from DC to Marvel, and then stopped reading comics all together. I got back into it in 2019, so I’ve missed a lot of history, so I really don’t think I have the information needed to leave a meaningful post. But I keep reading and interacting when I can.

6 Likes

@bigblock66 Thank you Bro. Much love for everyone :heart: :hugs: :00_dc_2016:

3 Likes

justiceleague:Clark Kent, Lois Lane and Martha Kent in Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) - Tumblr Pics

3 Likes