Official Release Date Announcement: The Sandman on Netflix!

The official release date for Netflix’s The Sandman has finally been announced!

Gracing TV screens around the world on August 5, the beloved series written by legendary writer Neil Gaiman, The Sandman is a dark fantasy story wrapped in rich detail and immersive story telling. For those who are unfamiliar, the official Netflix Release Date Announcement Trailer reads:

There is another world that waits for all of us when we close our eyes and sleep — a place called the Dreaming, where The Sandman, Master of Dreams (Tom Sturridge), gives shape to all of our deepest fears and fantasies. But when Dream is unexpectedly captured and held prisoner for a century, his absence sets off a series of events that will change both the dreaming and waking worlds forever. To restore order, Dream must journey across different worlds and timelines to mend the mistakes he’s made during his vast existence, revisiting old friends and foes, and meeting new entities — both cosmic and human — along the way.

Are you excited for The Sandman to release in just a few short months? What are your thoughts on the casting? Check out our article on all the teaser trailer action here and watch the new trailer from Netflix below. Let us know what you think in this thread!

22 Likes

One thing I’m not clear about is the release schedule. Is it all coming out on August 5th at once?

9 Likes

It’ll be a full season release!

11 Likes

It looks really cool – looking forward to seeing how it’s adapted.

7 Likes

I wonder what the odds are that Netflix cancals this a month after it releases

2 Likes

One thing that’s going to take some getting used to: :eye: Pupils.

7 Likes

If it doesn’t succeed, it won’t be for lack of trying on Netflix’s part. They’re promoting this as heavily as they do their top-level shows, like Stranger Things and Bridgerton.

8 Likes

Welp – I know what I’m doing that weekend! HOLD MY CALLS.

7 Likes

Soooo……

We got Y: The Last Man on DCUI when the show released.

We got Sweet Tooth on DCUI when the show released.

We got DMZ on DCUI when the show released.

Looking real hard at Sandman right now…………

15 Likes

Thinking about it and realized it’s been 25 years now since I picked up Preludes & Nocturnes for the very first time.

So excited to see it come to life.

And I would hope we at least get the issues that take us through The Doll’s House, since this first season takes us through that storyline.

5 Likes

It looks great!! :heart:

6 Likes

I know where all of my time will go when this comes out… :dizzy_face: but also :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Anyone think Constantine should be in this?

Now we need a Fables show

5 Likes

It looks awesome™:+1:.

3 Likes

Ha ha, last week I was at a family reunion and the topic of The Batman came up, and I said, “If I can see his pupils, he’s Batgirl at best.”

3 Likes

According to Neil, the idea to replace John Constantine with Johanna Constantine came from the symmetry of double-casting her to play her present day incarnation and her ancestor we’ll see in some flashback stories. (The ability to get around John currently being claimed by JJ Abrams for his overdue Justice League Dark project is an added bonus.)

4 Likes

or the casting might have gotten lazy

1 Like

Color me intrigued. I don’t watch a lot of tv but I will make an exception for this.

3 Likes

The books were excellent, obviously.

The Audible series was great and a very cool adaptation of the books with excellent audio design.

I’m expecting this to be fantastic and am very much looking forward to it coming out.

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but this does seem like the kind of project that if you’re going to do, you’re going to make a real effort to do it right.

2 Likes