Official Photo of Brandon Routh as Kingdom Come Superman

From the main DC site. This likely isn’t a spoiler of any kind for most of us, but I marked it as such just in case.

What do we think? I like it.

16 Likes

No real surprises with this look, which is a good thing (nice to see the red trunks, notably absent from the CW’s other Man of Steel’s costume). Can next year’s crossover event just be Kingdom Come as a four part miniseries?

3 Likes

I dig it!

1 Like

falls down in worship, crying tears of joy
This. Is. GLORIOUS!

2 Likes

No cape clips. Love this look! Brandon posted another pic on his instagram.

1 Like

How bout rewatching those episodes of titans ???

I love it from the waist up :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Suuuuuupes!

3 Likes

Sorry… my comment should have been more constructive…

Suuuupes!

4 Likes

I love it!

2 Likes

I like it. There’s definitely a George Reeves feel to it.

2 Likes

I love it. I’m hoping they work it into the story where this is the same version of Superman he played in Superman Returns, just older. That Superman was the one I grew up with - the Christopher Reeve version; it would make me very happy to see that character’s story continue in any form.

4 Likes

SUPERMANS BACK

2 Likes

Superman with trunks. I dig.

Now if we can only get Laura Vandervoort into the classic Kara suit I’ll be happy.

If we are doing Crisis I’d love someone to wear the classic suits, and having Laura be the Kara who dies would allow Melissa’s Kara to go on.

2 Likes

nu52 LOL!!!

I am digging it! The pic that Vroom posted his arms look a little blown up looking like they were inflated with air. The one nu52 posted looks much better.

nu52 is that an official pic?

2 Likes

@Aquamon The picture in my OP is official and from dccomics.com. Mayhaps whomever took the photo added a bit more meat to Routh’s arms afterward?

@moro I offer the following constructive addition to what you said: SUUUUPPPPEESSSSS!!!

I think KC Superman’s live action debut is going to kick ass!

2 Likes

Looks awesome. Can’t wait for Crisis.

1 Like

always love the Kingdom Come version of the suit.

1 Like

fingers crossed Conroy and Carter both show up as the KC versions of their respective characters, giving us a shot of all 3 together

2 Likes

Fantastic!! I love his suit! If you zoom in it looks like the suit has a similar texture to his Superman Returns’ suit. The second photo released is my favorite. This crossover is going to be excellent!

1 Like