Official DC Community Book Club: Superman '78!

Awesome answers! What’s Ms J’s tour?

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

I danced in the video and on this tour:

5 Likes

How long did it take to make a music video and learning the dance moves?:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Three days or so. The director (Dave M.) was super pro all the way and helmed it up nicely.

I’d say about four days total If I remember correctly. The prep for the shoot was a bit longer tho. Costume fittings, rehearsals, and stuff always takes time.

4 Likes

This book was really fun! I hope they announce the second season soon! It wasn’t quite as delightful as Venditti’s Man of Tomorrow digital first series (collected as Hero of Metropolis), but really inventive, creative, warmhearted stuff.

4 Likes

Whaaaaaat, that’s SO COOL. All For You might be my favorite song by her.

4 Likes

:smiley: :+1:

It’s my second fave. Here’s my first and then my third Ms. J faves:

This^^^ one’s your fave, right Super Cool @Vroom?

4 Likes

Oh, yes. I do indeed love me some If.

does JJ’s arm and crouch number from the If video

Look at me go, Janet and LaToya! :man_dancing:t2:

continues to dance while Wings is on commercial

Regarding Superman '78…

I saw Superman: The Movie on the big screen last Tuesday (April 18th), with it being my fourth time experiencing the adventure the way its best experienced.

The following day, I then re-read Superman '78.

As much as I already loved the mag when it was new to retail, I fell in love with it all over again, thanks to the movie being so immediately fresh in my mental sponge.

During my re-read, I heard Williams’ music and every actor’s voice crystal clear, as if the comic were a movie in my imagination.

IDK if its my Bibbo-style #1 fav’rit, but I do know that Superman '78 is unquestionably one of the very best outside media tie-ins DC has ever published. It gets everything about the Donnerverse just right.

SN: I’d very much like to see a Supergirl '84 title. Especially next year, given '24 is the 40th anniversary of the Supergirl movie and the 65th anniversary of Supergirl herself.

4 Likes

Wow that is very cool. I’ve always been a MJ and Janet fan! Man, to think I’m now only 2 degrees away from Janet all thanks to my love of Superman and Comics! :laughing::wink:

2 Likes

I loved The Goonies easter egg, and I’m happy with the work put in to make them look like the actors. Today was a fun read.

2 Likes

Dig it:

Dropping this December.
:smiley:
:00_superman1: :00_superman1: :00_superman1:

3 Likes