Official DC Community Book Club for April: Vote Now!

As March rolls to a close, it’s time to plan ahead for the next Official DC Community Book Club! And with so many gems to choose from, we decided to ask for your help…

Check out the options below, and vote for what you want to be the books/series for April’s DC Community Book Club! Make your voice heard, and get those votes in–voting closes on Sunday, March 27!

• Future State: Harley Quinn #1 - 2
  • Amazons Attack #1 - 6
  • Catwoman (2001) #1 - 4
  • Young Justice: Sins of Youth #1 - 4

0 voters

9 Likes

Catwoman! Catwoman! Catwoman!

Brubaker and Cooke’s Catwoman is THE BEST. :hugs:

Regarding Sins of Youth, that’s a crossover consisting of assorted one-shots that’s bookended by Sins of Youth #s 1 and 2.

Unless there’s another Sins of Youth story (and the artwork in the OP is of the trade cover art for the story I mentioned) that relates to Young Justice, there are no third and fourth issues for Sins of Youth.

6 Likes

I was gonna vote for Catwoman, then I’ve voted for Young Justice: Sins of Youth, I’ve always wanted to read the book.:grinning:

3 Likes

Amazons Attack. Let’s go for the worst one!

4 Likes

The art was good, but the story was a bit slow IMO

3 Likes

I went with Young Justice as that is the only one I haven’t read. World of Bats has recently read Catwoman.

If I had to pick a runner up, it would be Future State: Harley. Selfishly, I would love some wallpapers from that book. The art was magnificent.

6 Likes

Darwyn Cooke’s Catwoman is an absolutely wonderful read. Do not miss out!

10 Likes

I’ll take your word for it.:slightly_smiling_face: If it win, I’ll read it.

5 Likes

I plan on reading all of these anyways

5 Likes

Even if Bru and Cooke’s Catwoman loses, read it anyway. :slight_smile:

Brubaker’s Catwoman is the best run on the character in the last 20 years.

5 Likes

I’m ultimately up for any. All sound great.

4 Likes

Catwoman 100%

3 Likes

Right? :raised_hands:t2:

Bru and Cooke’s Catwoman is where. Its. AT.

3 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

@Vroom have you read them all?

3 Likes

I have. Amazons Attack and Future State: Harley Quinn as they came out, and Sins of Youth and Catwoman #s 1-4 (the Anodyne arc) in trade.

As I said above, there is no Young Justice: Sins of Youth #1-4. Sins of Youth ran for two issues and served as the bookends for the Sins of Youth story (of which, 98% of it is one-shots) in 2000.

Check out the full story below, if you like:

Future State: Harley Quinn was a lot of fun, as was FS: Catwoman. This begs the question, why no Future State: Poison Ivy, so as to complete the Sirens in the Future State landscape? :man_shrugging:

Amazons Attack was fun. Not a great read, but fun and I think it gets more guff than it deserves. However, I liked Countdown to Final Crisis (which also gets more guff than it deserves) too, so there you go. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Like someone said, covered the first arc of Catwoman recently for World of Bats, but would be more than willing to talk about it again here.

I’ll also say Future State: Harley Quinn was pretty solid.

I remember reading Young Justice: Since of Youth years ago when I picked it up at the public library, and I’m down to read it again.

Now Amazons Attack, I haven’t read it, but from everything I’ve seen, it has a certain…infamous mystique to it. This is the story where the well memed Batman bees panel comes from.

I’d be down to read that one too, but just be ready for me to MST3K the heck out of it. :rofl:

2 Likes