Official Crying about DCYou Unscripted Thread

I saw where someone asked for it, didn’t think I’d need it, but here is a thread to complain about your show not being picked for the DCYou Unscripted challenge.

4 Likes

For my part, I can’t believe there are 25 shows (at least) that are unscripted reality shows inspired by DC that they thought were better than mine.

My show is “Hunt for the Real Swamp Thing”. It is a documentary/adventure show where a team investigates different reports of swamp monsters and attempts to separate fact from fiction in these legends.

9 Likes

Love This @chadgatlin Seriously! Am I Right!?
That show sounds Ah-mazing! I’d watch that! They should’ve made that :hugs::leaves:
Ours was a Cooking Show “CookeDComics”
It’s pretty much the new Muchie Mondays thread over yonder here on the Community. It’s cool & sometimes Hot, just depends on what you want to eat :coffee::shaved_ice:

6 Likes

That’s sounds cool! And tasty! Very clever with the DC in the name too. I’ll have to check out the Munchie Mondays, I hadn’t seen it.

1 Like

@chadgatlin Has there been an official list of picked shows?

Not that I’ve seen. I just saw where my show’s status was changed from ‘evaluating’ to ‘unawarded’.

2 Likes

Ah, okay, sorry about your show it sounded like a cool concept. Then again, considering what happened to the Swamp Thing show maybe DCU doesn’t want to bring up anything that could remind people of the cancellation.

3 Likes

Thanks! You may be right.

2 Likes

Guys, rejection is a part of growth and becoming a better writer/creative. To sit here and say, “I can’t believe they chose someone else over me,” is not only counterproductive to you as a writer, but also really demeaning to those whose ideas for chosen. Instead, we should be applauding and congratulating who worked just as hard as us and got chosen.

4 Likes

Dude, I think you’re taking my post and title too seriously. I saw where in the Q&A someone asked “Where do we cry about it if we weren’t picked?” So I thought it would be fun to make a thread for all of the creators to tell what their show would have been.

And what I said about other shows was a sort of over-dramatization of how much I was into my idea. I wish all the luck to the other shows and hope they are amazing. I’m not demeaning anyone, or insulting people. I’m not actually crying, either.

So thanks for the words of wisdom about rejection, you are of course correct. But I did not need the scolding.

7 Likes

I thought I try it but didn’t, if I did it would be about Captain DC, A police officer name Jack Krawler get shot in a line of duty and was safe by blood transfusions, what doctors didn’t know was that it was meta human blood which safe his life, giving him powers and he became Captain DC! :slightly_smiling_face: Then again it almost sounds like Captain Marvel.:cold_sweat:

I will again say Thank You for the fun therapeutic thread idea. It is a healthy way to work through rejection. Discussing & Thinking about how we feel & what we want is how we grow & learn.
We are all excited to see the winners. We of course support our fellow fans in their success. It was a neat experience. It is still a neat experience. The winners demonstrate that good things do happen. That is hope & that is essential to the core of superheroing.
Happy Holidays Super Fan Friends! Tis the season :harleyquinn_hqas:

4 Likes

I’m sorry that I took you seriously. I should never take people seriously when they are voicing when they’re upset about something. That’s on me…

4 Likes

is there a thread where we can see who’s still in and who isn’t?

I have been looking & using the search function for clues from the community, haven’t found anything yet. The only concern is that on Ideas United it only shows the original submission. At least I couldn’t find the additional ideas submissions. Keep your eyes posted @Don-El I am excited to discover the super stuff the super fans did. So many amazing fans out there, you know they are gonna be really good! I love new content!

It’s hard to tell tone in digital ink sometimes. No worries @OmniLad Happy Holidays Super Fan Friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Oh, yeah. I’m sorry if I confused you with my last post but that was sarcastic. It was a response to the “I think you’re taking it too seriously,” line. Even if it was a joke, I don’t think it’s right to say things like that. There’s nothing wrong with taking things seriously, especially in a discussion about things people are passionate about. So, yeah, I was being sarcastic there. I’m sorry if I confused you, but it’s like you said. Hard to tell in digital ink.

2 Likes

Mine was called “A DC Day In The Life”. The premise was that up-and-coming actors would be challenged to portray a DC character, in full costume and makeup, for a day. They would try to stay in character while out in public, grocery shopping or ordering take-out, etc. Their interactions with the public would be completely improvised and the reactions of those whom they interacted with would be a large part of the entertainment factor. Kind of like a cosplay “Candid Camera”.

6 Likes

I’m really looking forward to seeing the winning ideas. I wonder if we will have to wait for the contest show to know what they are…

2 Likes

That sounds hilarious! You should do that anyway and post it to YouTube.

4 Likes