OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Like if you want to make it Normal instead of Watching??? Because if so then just go to the bottom of the page under reply and you can change it there… @Applejack probably has a better answer :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Thanks for that, didn’t even see that…

6 Likes

Heh heh, even April knew the Next Mutation ship was one to avoid. :wink:

6 Likes

@Applejack Ahoy hoy! To answer two inquiries of yours, which were replies to queries of mine from last week:

● 1. Upon further viewing, the Spawn TV series is (to quote Larry David’s catchphrase from Curb Your Enthusiasm) “pretty, pretty, pret-tay good!”.

Like I said previously, I’d only seen pieces of episodes, but having seen about half of season one so far, I like the show, alot. I’m definitely going to carry on with the series and finish it.

■ 2. Re: my Star Trek binge from last weekend, I watched:

• The Final Frontier
  • The Search for Spock
  • assorted episodes of TNG (Deja Q, In Theory, Rascals, Lower Decks)
  • First Contact (to ring in its 25th anniversary and First Contact Day, 'natch)
  • First Contact Day videos on the Paramount+ YouTube Channel

This weekend (past weekend by the time you read this), my binge is of the animated Image-based TV shows. That entails:

• WildC.A.T.S
  • The Savage Dragon
  • Spawn
  • the latest episode of Invincible

Fun Fact about WildC.A.T.S: That just might be the one animated comic-based show that encapsulates two different comic publishers and their universes.

When it debuted on CBS in 1994, WildC.A.T.S was an Image property since Wildstorm was part of Image at the time.

However, once Jim Lee sold Wildstorm to DC, that means WildC.A.T.S could then retroactively be considered a DC-oriented show.

This is why WildC.A.T.S is my all-time favorite Image show, because of it simultaneously being of the Image and, retroactively speaking, DC brands.

pushes up glasses, sighs and sits back in his chair

Well, that was a fun read, wasn’t it? :nerd_face:

7 Likes

If Nick Toons ever actually airs the flick, I’ll happily check it out. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Fun read! Thank you for the share. :slight_smile:

Fun Fact: Redheads make the world go round. This fact can not, in any manner, be argued against.

7 Likes

Haha, well, I never dated a redhead, so I guess I have no basis to argue anyways :slight_smile:

I’m glad you enjoyed my tale of humiliation. Its all good though! I think the main thing is, while dating can sometimes suck, don’t let it get you down too much and try your best to enjoy the ride!

8 Likes

Redheads? Let’s see…

Batgirl
Lana Lang
Giganta
Poison Ivy (from the Harley Quinn animated show)
Cheryl (also from Harley Quinn, especially with those big muscles! :heart_eyes:)
Our very own Applejack

Yeah, @Vroom is right.

9 Likes

Pop quiz, @Applejack: What is the greatest disco song ever made? This one has to be at least in the top ten, wouldn’t you say?

Hot Line - YouTube

7 Likes

Where are you watching this?

Might be better off googling the movie; doing that might tell you where it is streaming

You forgot DCEU Lois

8 Likes

I’ve been around redheads, everyone I’ve known that are redheads are so nice.:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Don’t forget
Amy Adams
Bryce Dallas Howard (And her Dad)
The girl who played Nebula on Gaurdins of the galaxy
Mary Jane Watson
:smiley:

10 Likes

Was on Peacock, guessing it still is

7 Likes

Hello Oracle​:woman_red_haired:,
On Netflix I’ve been watching Selena the series, can’t wait for second season in May. I’m trying to decide to either watch 1 episode per week or watch all the episodes on a same day. What would you choose?:slightly_smiling_face:
DC Universe got me into watching 1 episodes per week, and I do like to watch as many as I can. Such a hard pick! LOL!

6 Likes

I like the once a week thing because of the many shows I watch and tradition. However, when all are dropped at once, I feel a need to watch them all ASAP…

6 Likes

Ok, all the redhead talk reminded me of my redheaded friend from school. This friend is a guy I’ll call John. Absolutely great guy! Married a wonderful woman I’ll call Amanda, and they have a great family.

When they got married, they had a videographer going around to all the guests so that the guests can say a few nice things and well-wishes to the bride and groom, which I did when the camera came to me (along with major compliments for the father of the bride).

However, I actually got a second time on camera, but this time I was next to John for take two. Well, I couldn’t let this opportunity go by without having some fun.

As the camera starts filming, I turn to John and say, “Wow! John, I can’t believe it! Finally getting married! And to Amanda! That’s wonderful! I can’t believe you two are finally together…(I turn from John to the camera)…especially considering how I first met John at that gay bar in Boston!!! Right, John? You remember, right!!!”

I had a couple more lines to say (including one stolen fron Rodney Dangerfield), but by this point, John completely lost it and was dying from laughing. Even the videographer couldn’t keep it together. I was told sometime later, Amanda’s family loved it.

I know plenty of people I couldn’t do that joke with, but John is (quoting Stuart Scott) cooler than the other side of the pillow. I guess that supports the Law of Redhead Awesomeness!

(BTW, if you got a wedding coming up that you’re attending as a guest and want to use that joke for a wedding guest video, feel free, but, just so you know, I was going to try to end it with, “Oh, what a night that was! And when Cowboy Joe showed up! That was weird! But there’s something I still don’t understand! What was the deal with the midget?”)

:slight_smile:

9 Likes

TBH, the Batman/TMNT movie interests me as much as the comics it’s based on, which is to say somewhere between “nil” and “Is anything else on?”.

99.99% of the time, I roll my eyes at crossovers like those, so if I have to wait for Nick Toons to finally adhere to their listed weeks in advance broadcast of the flick, I’m okay with that as I honestly don’t have much interest in the movie. The toys based on it were of even less interest.

As for The Savage Dragon, @MovieAddict’s correct in that it’s on Peacock. I didn’t watch much of it when it aired on the USA network in 1995, so checking it out on Peacock is nearly similar to watching it for the first time, for me.

Peacock also has both seasons of Exo-Squad, which is pound for pound one of the absolute best non-DC animated TV shows of the '90s. It’s dramatic, engaging, exciting, just a great show. If there’s a '90s property that would actually be worth a reboot, it’s Exo-Squad, especially if a live-action movie served as the core of said reboot.

The Exo-Squad toys, by Playmates, (makers of Ninja Turtles, Star Trek, WildC.A.T.S, The Savage Dragon and much more) were fun. I only had Alec DeLeon’s Exo-Suit, but the line was always a favorite to check out when it was at retail.

7 Likes

I’ve been there, done that in the “Oh, ****. Really?” department a time or two myself. I can sympathize. :slight_smile:

You know what? I’ve never dated a redhead either. Both of the women I’ve had crushes on in the last 16 years were redheads, but one had a boyfriend, while the latter ultimately turned out to be a royal ***** that I am thankful beyond words I avoided and said “no” to.

The optimist in me says that the third one will be the charm.

If not, well…there’s always #4. I have to keep hope alive, afterall. It’s The Superman Way™! :clark_hv_4: :superman:

6 Likes

@Applejack, I just bought a pass for the in-person Los Angeles Comic Con for December 3 through 5 after learning about it just recently. Do you think DC Universe will be planning anything for it? How about a meet-and-greet with the moderators? Any chance I might FINALLY get April Bowlby to sign my poster (SIGH :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)? Inquring minds (mine) want to know.

7 Likes

Best of luck finding a new redhead to date

7 Likes