OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

The Spoiler Avoider of course!!! :joy:

7 Likes

Goodnight @Razzzcat !!!

7 Likes

Hmm. So Applejack left the thread as soon as she came to my Klingon wordā€¦

takes notes

7 Likes

I knew five out-a siii-xxx

Yea, I know I only posted threeā€¦

8 Likes

Well, scientifically speaking, numero dosā€™ can get a twist based on your diet, thus lending credence to the phrase-

Eh, you know what? Nuts to the whole endeavor. I mean, I am eating right now, afterall.

BTW, good to see you in Office Hours @MisfitCMJ. Pull up a chair here more often and weā€™ll enjoy some tea and chess out on the veranda 'ol bean. We might even see the peacocks mosey by. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Applejack, so are we out of luck on Fables? On the hypothetical Marvel crossover; wouldnā€™t the Batman similarities also go with Daredevil?

Just see it all

6 Likes

Remember the episode where Ignignokt and Marc Spector fought each other on Carlā€™s front lawn?

Heelarious!

6 Likes

The best episodes of JLU:

• The Greatest Story Never Told. Best be prepared to become a Booster Gold fan, as thatā€™s what hooked me on him.

• Fearful Symetry: Made me a fan of The Question. Since the episode debuted, I canā€™t see a Baskin-Robbins without thinking of Q.

• Far From Home: A swell Legion episode. Give STASā€™ New Kids in Town (s3, episode 3 or 4) a watch beforehand too.

• For The Man Who Has Everything. 'Nuff said.

• The final two episodes of the show. I Superman puts Darkseid in his place in the second part. Truly one of Supermanā€™s defining moments outside of the comics.

6 Likes

Thank you. I tell myself that, but every woman of some level (usually a very minor level in nearly every case but 2) of romantic interest Iā€™ve known over the last several years always fits into the following categories:

• Taken
  • Single, but upon my mustering the courage to ask her out, thereā€™s always some roadblock that comes up just before I can ask her out.
  • Single, but obviously not interested. Why bother when the obvious isā€¦well, obvious?

It probably doesnā€™t help that Iā€™m ridiculously picky about a woman Iā€™d want to be with. In the last 16 years, thereā€™s been two that met my high standards as far as women I felt truly passionate about.

Maybe I should lower my expectations? Dunno. :man_shrugging:

hums the Lowered Expectations theme from Saturday Night Live

Man, if only modern Saturday Night Live was consistently funny. If onlyā€¦

5 Likes

NEVER sell yourselves short. You bring a phenomenal presence here th=o the community and I definitely enjoy your posts. There is ALWAYS someone for everyone. Just because you havenā€™t met that person, doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t exist. Little tidbit, I was alone for at least 37 years on Valentineā€™s Day, and now I have been married since 2016. I am not looking for sympathy, just hoping a different perspective helps you both outā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™ve seen nearly all of the newer TMNT. :slight_smile: I may not be into the franchise, but I still check out things out from it, just in case something would interest me.

My thoughts:

• 2003 reboot: Eh. I liked the darker tone and it started well, but once the show changed to its future-based spin, I lost all interest.

• TMNT (2007 movie): I love this! Best Turtles movie, ever. Chris Evans is a swell Casey Jones, and Patrick Stewart was a great villain.

I almost bought the toys for TMNT but I held off. 2007 was a busy year for cool toys, be they DC or non-DC oriented.

• 2012 reboot: Kind of good, but holy **** was Michaelangelo annoying. I like Greg Cipes as Beast Boy, but his Mikey was an annoying jackass. Iā€™m a cat guy through and through as you know, but Ice Cream Kitty was justā€¦odd.

Karai was cool though. She was my favorite character from this show.

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014): Kind of a fun movie. I screened it at my theater before it opened, so not paying to see it was nice.

• Out of the Shadows (2016): Wellā€¦Brad ā€œBibbo and Lobo of the DCAUā€ Garrett (also Rayā€™s brother on Everybody Loves Raymond) played Krang, and Casey was once more played by an actor from a great live-action DC production, so it wasnā€™t too bad.

• Rise of the TMNT: This came and went before I could garner a thorough opinion on it. What little I did see of it wasā€¦colorful. The toys reflected the character designs well.

I havenā€™t seen Batman/TMNT. It pops up on Nick Toons, I set a record notice for it and then it never airs. :man_shrugging:

Leonardo is my second favorite Turtle, BTW. :blue_heart:

5 Likes

I will give this bit of advice, I keep checking Comixology and have bought Marvel collections for as little as $.99 or $1.99 for the Masterworks collected editions. I wish DC would offer the same deals, but that might cause me to drop my subscription here, so I get the best of both worldsā€¦

6 Likes

Thank you. :clark_hv_4: I know thereā€™s someone out there for me, but as to who/where she is and when our paths will cross/unite, its as Lois said in Superman: The Movie: ā€œWho knows?ā€ :man_shrugging:

I do take a reasonable amount of pride in that Iā€™ve never settled for someone just to be with someone. Got to maintain my standards! :slight_smile: Even if they do result in loneliness at times. :disappointed:

7 Likes

Those are what I would call GREAT songsā€¦

6 Likes

I only know #4 because I just read Scooby Doo Team Up with Supergirl. I wonā€™t spoil for anyone who is reading this backwards, but I will say it was X and leave it at thatā€¦

6 Likes

I was over here waiting for Abba with ā€œVoules Vouā€

7 Likes

Maybe add a See All tab after the newest? That way you can still feature what is new and give an easy link for those who want to see what else is there.

5 Likes

Link is opened on my phone until Iā€™m awake enough to read through itā€¦

7 Likes

Are you ever really too late for something fun like that?

7 Likes

Iā€™m down for all things Babs, but it might get too convoluted (15 cent word for ya)

8 Likes