OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

(Gee, this thread has taken a most interesting turn. As the Grateful Dead once said, “What a long, strange trip its been.”)

Sorry to hear about your dumpster fire experience. I guess I’ve been lucky with ex’s that way. Consequently, the joke that immediately comes to mind (about ex’s and hair color) is something I’ll withhold since some might read that joke and make assumptions that aren’t true (in fact, just today, I referred a patient of mine to my ex-wife and her husband for a procedure they like doing).

Therefore, I shall agree with your premise and say yes, redheads are very attractive in their own unique way, and bid you all adieu.

Again, thanks for the laughs, Vroom.

9 Likes

That little witch wasn’t an ex, thank Rao. I avoided the Kryptonite bullet that she was and then some. :grin:

You’re welcome for the laughs. If you want to kick a Superman lolly my way as an additional thank you, I wouldn’t say no. :wink: Heck, make it two if you can. I’ve been a good boy in my teeth upkeep. Look, here’s a photo of me and my chompers:

says “I wish I looked like Tyler Hoechlin. Maybe then, I’d…well, sell more aluminum siding, as it were.” to himself

Oh well. We are as we are.

looks at the above photo once again

Well, I’m not too far off from him in all honesty (my having brown hair aside). If I ever get my derriere to the gym, I could possibly pull it off…in 1,000 years, just in time for the Legion to debut! :00_legion: :nerd_face:

9 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Community Profile Menu Error

I did see some posts from people who said they got packages in late 2020, so I was just curious.

7 Likes

Thank you

What’s wrong with that?

8 Likes

:thinking: That’s odd. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ll check it out!

8 Likes

lol! It totally looks like this, too, @KM_726:
Now the Q is: Does Applejack approve? :white_check_mark: …Here’s some music, if anyone in AJ’s dance crew wants to practice, btw :dancer:t2::raised_hands: (I bet @Mae’s got somethin’ gooood for this.:purple_heart:)

10 Likes

Oh Sean, where do I start?

Perhaps with a warning that you might want to skip this post. Your Domino’s pizza question has a certain je ne sais quoi, one might call it a pizza innocence that could even inspire a kind of jealousy. Your question gives me a connotation of satisfaction that I don’t want to deter you from, so if you want to dismiss me as someone who is just putting on airs, please feel free to skip the rest of this post and continue to enjoy your dietary decisions.

Still here? Oh, ok.

As you might have ascertained from the Memorial photos, I’m originally from Long Island, a place where people indigenous to this area don’t say they live “in” Long Island, they live “on” Long Island (or they live out on The Island). Many people from The Island, if you don’t know them, act like they got fired from their job at the DMV for being too abrasive, but after a quick conversation (like maybe 5 minutes), act like long lost best friends.

Now, I mentioned putting on airs. Long Islanders generally don’t do that when it comes to food. (This might explain why milk from Long Island tastes horrible.) Many would feel comfortable eating at Morton’s or eating at McDonald’s.

There is an exception and it deals with the four basic food groups of Long Island. They are (in no particular order) pizza, bagels, Sabrett hot dogs, and whatever you get at the deli (it could be Boar’s Head cold cuts or an egg sandwich, but it’s really about the hard roll). On Long Island, there are many, many places dedicated specifically for each of those items and almost all of them do a great job with those four items, although for the Sabretts, they’re usually at a place that looks like it’s also Matt Foley’s residence when it’s relocated and known to be a van down by the river.

With regard to pizza, I know people like to put all sorts of things on it, and if that works for you, bon appétit. But Long Islanders accept a simple fact of life: a truly great pizza only needs four things. Crust, sauce, cheese, and herbs & spices (yes, I lumped herbs & spices as one thing). That’s it. And if you can’t achieve great pizza with just those four things, then all the toppings in the world only serves to hide garbage pizza. It’s like a really ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly man (I mean ugly down to the genetic level) getting yet another tattoo. It’s not gonna help!

And Domino’s is the ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, fully tatted man of pizza.

Now, I’m only talking about the taste of Domino’s, I’m not even getting into the controversial history of that company. But a salesperson who wants to come to my practice and wants me to drop a grand on their products and they show up with a Domino’s pizza?!? Well, they should know all about that pizza if they expect to do their job and make a sale. Instead, they left with cold pizza.

Now I live in a place that I’m grateful to live in, particularly since people around here (not everybody, but many people) generally behave a bit more intelligently toward a certain virus than some other places around the country. But when it comes to pizza, the local people are really delusional. Pizza here is really horrible, and when native Nutmeggers (yeah, it’s a term here) are challenged on the issue, they all say, “oh, New Haven, New Haven!” Yeah, I’ve been to New Haven for pizza where they have basically three places known for pizza. And it’s good, but it’s basically pizza that you can get in a zillion places on Long Island. The only difference is that, on The Island, you don’t have to wait an hour on line. But the grandaddy of New Haven pizza, Frank Pepe’s, a place that has been resting on undeserved laurels for decades, has as their claim to fame what they call white clam pizza. It ain’t worth it.

And that’s not just my opinion on CT pizza. Here’s Stephen Colbert on the issue:

I don’t want to completely trash CT about their cuisine, there’s plenty of food that CT gets right. Milk tastes so much better in CT than on LI. Sofia’s in East Windsor makes a fantastic calzone (which is odd considering it’s relation to pizza). Shady Glen in Manchester makes the most unique cheeseburger in the world (if you’ve had it, you know). S&P Oyster in Mystic (a town that’s more than what the movie shows) always amazes me with their specials. And of course, there’s Doc Atlas’s Bar & Drill, but I’ve said enough about that! :slight_smile:

Just don’t come to CT for pizza…just…don’t.

And in case you’re wondering, yes, CT has plenty of Domino’s locations…

…and at least one very stupid salesperson.

9 Likes

So, I was on YouTube when I noticed the folks at Cartoon Network uploaded a video that I knew would be right up your alley, @Applejack. Like DC? Like Teen Titans Go? Like CATS? Well, here you are:

Teen Titans MEOW! | Cat-toon Network - YouTube

8 Likes

@DocAtlas, I live in Connecticut. I hate to tell you but there are 2 Shady Glen restaurants in Manchester and one shut down.

7 Likes

Hello Oracle​:woman_red_haired:,
I’m suprise that I’ve never ask this so here goes, since my new DC Animated Club started, say I wanted to add you (Pretend you’re a DC fan instead of Moderator) to the club, would that be forcing a person like you to be a member, or is that a invite til they accept? Just wondering, There’s a few people I would like to add, but I don’t want to force them. Thankyou.:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Yes, the one in the Parkade, which used to have a Sears and has been dying ever since then, is no more. The Parkade still has a dental mill that i wish i could tell you a truly terrifying story about, but alas I’m not allowed.

But Manchester does have Café Aura, the former Cavey’s, where Geno might be drowning his sorrows after last night.

7 Likes

Why aren’t you allowed?

7 Likes

There are confidentiality obligations, both specific and in general, that I must honor (not that unusual in my profession). In addition, the ADA might have a problem with that in a public forum, albeit under an extremely loose interpretation of their advertising ethics rules. Finally, I would assume that in-house counsel for WarnerMedia would prefer that I don’t do that. After all, it’s their house and im just a guest who has gone very far afield from this thread’s objective so I think I should stop here. But thank you for asking.

7 Likes

Hey, Nancy Sinatra! Alright!

eats Domino’s Pizza as he moves to the groove

Sorry, @DocAtlas. :slight_smile: I will say that I used to think Domino’s was fairly dull, but in late '19 or so, I tried it again (it was free, so why not?) and liked it, a lot. I think they changed their ingredients because the pie I had was pretty solid, and the couple I’ve had since then were schway too.

Still, I’m mostly a Pizza Hut guy. I mean, they were referenced in Spaceballs afterall. What’d Domino’s get referenced in? Besides good Ninja Turtles movies, that is.

9 Likes

@Applejack Four (count 'em, 4!) queries for you this week (to make up for my lack of queries from weeks prior):

• A: Have you watched Invincible yet? As of this writing, I’ve seen episodes 1 and 2 and am eager to start 3.

I read the comic years ago, and based on how much I’ve liked the show so far, I might check it out again.

I’m not into The Walking Dead, and I’ve only seen pieces of the Spawn series, but I’d say Invincible is the best Image-based TV show so far.

• 2: What’s your favorite World of Springfield figure?

• Burrito: Speaking of Playmates-produced merchandise, have you any of their Star Trek wares? I feel like I’ve asked this before, but that could be due to the Star Trek binge I’ve been on this weekend.

• Salad (Something one can make friends with, regardless of what Homer and Bart say): To keep this DC-based…um…hmmm…if you…had…a room at the Hall of Justice, what…would you put in it?

Yeah, that’s a head-scratcher, but it was the best I could do while seeing the saucer of the Enterprise get blown to toothpicks for the umpteenth time. I do enjoy me some Search for Spock (it has one of James Horner’s best scores).

Oh! Here’s a better DC-based question: Your thoughts on the Snyder Cut?

'Kay, bye. :wave:t2:

is looking forward to when Kirk says “I…have had enough…of you!” and then boots Kruge’s ass into the Genesis planet’s lavaflow

Beats “KHAAAAN!” by a mile.

6 Likes

No problem, it’s all good here. Wondering what kind of pizza it was, but ultimately if that floats your boat, enjoy, I just don’t think it would float everyone’s boat. For example, if I’m having a first date with a woman, I’m not getting Domino’s unless, of course, I need a 100% guarantee that there will be no second date! :slight_smile:

I did notice a Domino’s TV ad today stating that with a Domino’s pizza purchase, they are giving away a free month of streaming from Epix.

Gee, shouldn’t the pizza be good enough to make you want to buy it without the free streaming?

It’s just one of those things that makes me go…

Spaceballs? Spaceballs?!?..

…nope, just not going there.

7 Likes
8 Likes

:joy: Now that is one of the coolest dances I’d ever seen, next to The Typer of course!!!

7 Likes

Hey @Reaganfan78!

Going to assist with this one! The only time you should add members to your Club should be if a specific member reaches out and asks you to do so. Adding members to your Club without their request shouldn’t be done because the system doesn’t give an invite to accept nor a notification.

Hope this helps!

PPB :green_heart: :green_heart:

9 Likes