OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Monty Python Meets The Simpsons? Monopoly gone mad?

And–

Oh, cool. You should visit.

8 Likes

“Oh, so international women get a day, but where is National Women’s Day, huh?”

8 Likes

I was worried I wouldn’t have time to get to these, glad that’s not the case! These are good questions and I’m happy to answer any and all good’ns.

I’m going to be slightly cagey in order to preserve the identity of our team members- but the team is known as “Digital Production”, which encompasses a lot of the processes from A-Z. Even when I say “Archives team”, that’s not really a team; that’s one person who protects the Archives who sits on the Digital Production team. They have non-specific titles that wouldn’t quite satisfy the question here- their hat stacks are quite tall!

It’s a single individual from the production team, that sits on the publishing side. Formerly it was helmed by a developer at DC Universe.

Always happy to answer! Honestly, you’re doing us a favor being so enthusiastic in improving our service, so any intel I can provide to nurture that, I’m all for.

The frequency expands and contracts like an accordion- this is based on the ~2 months that we’ve been at this. I’ve noticed more attention during the times that we’re in a lull in terms of FOCs/routing to digital retailers. If that’s not top priority they will take the time to look at the sheet.

The role of CM is really weird. Because community is the bullhorn for the fans, we have to be really strategic about how and where we nudge our colleagues. You want to maintain a positive relationship so they’re motivated to follow-up on your requests, but you also want to be firm in what you’re communicating so fan’s interests are taken into account.

That’s to say, if I don’t see changes on the sheet and it’s been about a week, and I know they’re busy, I tend not to nudge as not to create a stress association with my communications. But the work does tend to get done shortly after I say “howsabout them #ComicReports?”

I’d like to say weekly, but …anyway I’m just blathering now. I hope that makes sense!

12 Likes

Flight of the Conchords! :heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

Yuummmm- one of my favorites!

7 Likes

:eyes: :open_mouth: That’s all you had to say!

8 Likes

:batparrot:

11 Likes

10 Likes

ftfy :wink: I’m loving this, it’s exactly what I needed- like salve for the soul :slight_smile:

8 Likes

:star_struck: Proof Cap is a wizard…or do we prefer witch? I’ll take em both.

9 Likes

“You did it. You crazy mmpghmph you did it.”

8 Likes

Looks like I will have to read some more Bat-family comics (as I switch to the dark mode while doing so) to see what “holes” are there… :thinking: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

:thinking:
:books:
:books:           :books: :books:
:books:                       :books:
          :books: :books:
:books:

I tried to make brackets with books and failed miserably. Recently discovered   as a code for creating false spaces and am having fun.

9 Likes

No specific character. I just plug along. I finally started to read the origins of John Constantine in Saga of the Swamp Thing and am enjoying that. I guess Doom Patrol would be a good one, especially to help those who have not gotten into that amazing series yet…

8 Likes

OH MY GOSH I LOOOVE LITTLE VERSIONS OF THINGS!!

8 Likes

9 Likes

Oh noooo!!! Why?? After making it 5 seasons, whyyy?? At least it got syndication with 4 seasons but… I’m guessing pandemic-related?

7 Likes

:rofl: Not exactly!

9 Likes

There it is, thank you for sharing!

Congratulations on being right.

8 Likes

We love DJ Mae in all the moods :pray:

10 Likes