OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Fabulous @Razzzcat with aminals of all kinds for all kids of occasions! :hugs:

10 Likes

We haven’t discussed returning to the offices anytime soon. We’re being very cautious, especially because operations are functioning normally with folks working from home. Until we KNOW know, sounds like we’re going to keep playing it safe :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Also shed a few tears in between the sqees.

9 Likes

Ooh, thank you @markhb! Hope you’ve been well, btw. :purple_heart:

@Mae there was one moment in the 2nd to last ep—Vision had a tiny line of dialogue that :sob: got me.

10 Likes

I have! I hope you have as well. I made the soup once and it was quite good; next time I think I’ll caramelize for 3 hours instead of 2.

8 Likes

This is a great question- we don’t currently take thumbs up into consideration. I recognize that it can be a sign of popularity, however: The thumbs don’t necessarily mean “I corroborate”. Sometimes it means “I like this member.” Or, like me, “I just like everything I read.”

Imma say something that is meant to be super clear because I really don’t like spinning things to sound good at the risk of being untrue. Typically the member requests do not impact the choices made by the team. You’ll notice that topic was created by a member, not DC employees. We are grateful to have a repository for these requests when the time comes. We want to honor the requests as moderators and collect the submissions made by fans and delivering the sentiment requests. But in terms of the hierarchy of impact for what determines the digitization, member requests cannot compete with other factors that I am not at liberty to outline here- but the Q&As with Benjamin Le Clear can explain these influences far better than I can.

We’re at such a weird cross-roads in our comic book hobby- we live in both history and the future. If we were purely historians preserving these artifacts I think the expectations would be different. But because we’re aggressively moving history into the future it pulls together a unique blend of people and interests. Just something I think about.

Kookie, believe it or not, you asking what DCUI can do for you is helping us. I sign-off thanking people for keeping us honest and on the right path because that’s precisely what you’re doing. You’re shaping the service in your image, and that’s the best thing that you can do for us personally. Selfishly, if we can create a space that you want to be in, it secures our jobs!
Moderators and community folks are hired for their patience and dispositions, so we’re truly “just doing our jobs”.

But hey, if you have access to free spa days, I know the team would appreciate it!

In the meantime, truly: You keep being you. You’re pretty cool.

12 Likes

giphy (1)

11 Likes

@markhb :eyes: Do you like Mediterranean food at all? Mujadara—its just lentils and bulgar, but the key (/star of the show)is carmelizing your onions for almost a century, :smile: but it’s sooo good!

9 Likes

It sounds like something I could try :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Well first Doc, congratulations on getting the vaccine! I’m thrilled to hear we’re turning towards a brighter future in this here Community :partying_face:

Those photos, and your description of the memorial, gave me chills. I am ashamed to admit that I hadn’t taken the time to think about all the other people and families impacted by that flight. This was a humbling and beautiful moment to the evening. Between that and the pizza, I t hink we’ve got a Community meet-up plan on our hands!

I am completely unshocked that you are continuing to build the DREAM. Please tell me you have a pinball machine appearing in your crystal ball, too? We all want to live vicariously!!

Y’all LITERALLY PAY MY BILLS!!! I’m just living up to my end of the bargain!

13 Likes

Sorry I’m on a bit of a Julianna Barwick kick tonight, obviously:

8 Likes

Keep reading
:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Will the mysteries of our little abode never cease??? Yes, you’ve found the mothership of notifications :dp_flex_mentallo:

Now, the reason you can’t have a tag in both “Watching” and “Tracking” is because the Tracking functionality will also be included in Watching, so it will be redundant, ultimately.

The little number 1 is what Tracking will get you- also just found the “draw” functionality in my annotations.
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 5.42.30 PM

Keep me posted on your discoveries, intrepid ajm adventurer!

I. LOVE. Superman II!! That’s a great idea to get hyped :00_justice_league3:

11 Likes

Not too shabby! More productive than I thought, which is nice for a Tuesday. Howsabout you?

New/exciting
hmm
I think I’m happy with things not being new and exciting these days? In terms of new/exciting DC stuff
There might be a pretty cool voting campaign in the near future. Not Meta Madhouse, but something fun :slight_smile:

9 Likes

DOC DELIVERS ON THE PINBALL!!! I shoulda known :sunglasses:

Replying here because I found this drop of knowledge particularly interesting- were those included comics exclusive to the Atari releases, or were they also distributed to retailers?

9 Likes

Phil Hartman :sob: :heart:

9 Likes

:eyes: liiike? Also: On behalf if myself, a shameless plug! :face_with_monocle: @THE_OneAndOnly_Official_Batman @NYJt3 @DeSade-acolyte Dont forget to vote on Meta Madhouse this month, friends! Right this is way :point_right: meta-madhouse There are 2 this year!

I can understand this. There’s something to be said for steady and familiar.

13 Likes

I believe only with the Atari cartridges. They were small enough to be in the packaging, not full comic size.

8 Likes

GAH! Just saw that Kim’s Convenience was canceled!!! We were promised a sixth season! @Applejack and everyone, have you watched this amazing show? It’s one of the best shows of ever!

:sob:

9 Likes

Oooh! Will we get to blow up Damian Wayne? PLEEEEZE!

9 Likes