OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Looks like I’m a little late this week (decidedly not observing “core office hours” :stuck_out_tongue:), but that’s OK, we’ll just consider this me getting my question in early for next week:

When I submit a digitization request with notes (like, for example, that an issue has already been partially digitized, where it can be found, and/or specific reasons why I’m making the request) are these notes also being passed along to the publishing team, or only the title and # of the issue(s) I’m requesting?

9 Likes

I’d like to request a title Secret Society of Super Villains 1976

7 Likes

That request has been made, multiple times. But it’s a long queue and the pandemic has slowed down the process. Only Mr. Le Clear has been in the archives during the pandemic.

9 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one to make it.

8 Likes

Hey Applejack. Missed this week by a couple hours but I saw @DeSade-acolyte mention Meta Madhouse this year. And it got me to something I was wondering about.

Don’t know if you can answer this question (or even know the answer), but what ever happened with the guy who won Meta Madhouse last year? From what I remember that was the one who won a trip to go see the Wonder Woman 84 red carpet premiere… which sadly through no fault of DC/Warner/AT&T and DC Universe, there was no red carpet premiere.

I remember he did get an interview on DC Daily which isn’t nothing, but unless that episode is on YouTube there is no way for him to even show people that anymore. Do you know if he got some kind of comparable prize?

I know it probably is none of my business, I just feel so bad for the guy to win something like that but through the worst timing in the world not be able to actually get it. Especially given March Madness was probably the hardest contest to actually win as it took actual work. (well aside from DCYou, which is another case I feel bad for them but at least they got a trip to the DC Universe studios and some inside look at how a non-scripted show came to be out of it… plus there was more than one lone winner).

Also on a totally different note, since Superman and Lois came up, now that you would have presumably watched it by next Office Hours… what did you think of it?

10 Likes

Mmm…stew. Comic book stew. Justice League comic book stew. Oh. Yeah. :drooling_face:

drools like Homer

10 Likes

I’m sorry about that, I was just curious; it was never my intention to hurt or scare you

8 Likes

I have to go with that Superman cover personally…

8 Likes

I am proud to say it has not. Not sure what was going on there…

7 Likes

I am wondering if the posts being replied to were removed. I went back, and it will not give me the original posts for Reaganfan in those few comments still. One just swirls then goes back and nothing pops up (on my laptop now). Weird, huh?!?!?

7 Likes

Agreed, for me, Christopher Reeve’s Superman and Lynda Carter’s Wonder Woman hold the same distinction: there will be other and many great performances, but that is the absolute version ALL others will be judged by. Not taking away from any other actor who steps into the roles, but they are just about impossible to top…

10 Likes

It’s because I’ve deleted those posts.:confused:

8 Likes

Happy Cake Day @MovieAddict! :tada::purple_heart:

12 Likes

Ambush Bug: …While I’ve been cleaning the Office Hours, to make things nice and clean each week, I’ve stumble across a unpublished story by Reaganfan78! His own version of Justice League! Ha!

Before we begin, I need to buy Bob’s big belly burger to go for our story adventure!
Ambush_Bug_BTBATB_01
(20 minutes later…)
I’m back! You’re not gonna believe the price for a Justice League dinner! $130 for Superman Burger, Wonder Woman Spaghetti lasso, Aquaman cobb salad, Flash energy drink, Batman dark chocolate carmel cake, Cyborg beer, and Green Lantern Mint Tea! Oh and a Mother box with it!
Alright then, let’s start the story…OH WAIT! Almost forgot!
(Snap finger)
20210224_134251
Aw That’s better, the adventure is in black and white! And here we go…
Justice League Uncut Version By Reaganfan78

By Reaganfan78

Batman: This is it guys, it’s time to face Darkseid and to stop him from destroying earth. Are you ready?
Aquaman: It suck that’s there’s no water around!
Wonder woman: Ready as I’ll ever will be.
Flash: Um guys, what’s that?
20210224_134442
Green Lantern: Hey guys, my name is Green Lantern, and I would like to help you stop Darkseid.

Batman: Sorry, we don’t need your help.
Superman: Maybe next time you can help us.
Flash: But he’s willing to help.

Green Lantern: My ring shoot Green energy and I can do anything! I mean no offense you have Aquaman who’s a fish out of a water.
Aquaman: Hey! Well thanks, at least I can still fight.

Batman: I said no. Come guys, let’s go.

Green Lantern: They’ll be sorry for not accepting my help!
(3 years later…)

Parallax: 3 years ago I offer Justice League my help, then they turn me down flat! They’ll be sorry once They’ll face me as their new villian…Parallax!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
The End…

Ambush Bug: What a shame, not letting Green Lantern to help the…the…Oh I’ve got a painful stomachache, need the bathroom!
(15 minutes later…)
My best advice, don’t eat and drink too much. Til next time.

15 Likes

:laughing: Ambush Bug’d be proud!

8 Likes

Thankyou so much! :grinning:

8 Likes

I’m sorry my question caused you to delete the post, that wasn’t my intention

8 Likes

It’s ok, I’m sorry I had wrong idea. In a way, I’m glad it happened or otherwise I would’ve never added Ambush bug by redoing the story.
Kind of got that idea from DC Unpublished comics from the vault!:grinning:

8 Likes

You seeing Snyder’s version?

9 Likes

I probably won’t, cause I’m not a fan of the two actors that played Lex Luthor and Joker. But then again, maybe, we’ll see.:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes