OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Huh, no kidding! I’d never heard that moniker, makes sense though.

I follow some vintage computer accounts and they always plop me right back to being a kid on the early internet.

I think I’ve shared this many times, but one of my favorite sites is breaking down what computers are being used in film scenes:

http://www.starringthecomputer.com/

11 Likes

Probably HBO Max would be my favorite, where else are you gonna find, DC, TCM, Looney Tunes and lots of movies?:slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Gotcha, you head straight for the specific topics you know you like! That’s a great way to efficiently land right where you want to be.

11 Likes

Only one unintentional error in that comment, but MovieAddict, my friend, I am shocked that my fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pantsing in Office Hours hasn’t been disastrous at times.

10 Likes

:broken_heart: I’m really sorry to hear Jimmy has passed on, but it’s wonderful to hear you got to have time with such a remarkable doggie. I do love seeing this collection of rulers on your couch! Savannah is gorgeous, I love her lion’s mane around her chest and neck. Thank you for sharing these pictures and memories :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

You know, we don’t have a dedicated topic for that, we should get one going now that the shop items are in-house. We do share the comments that end up on the DC Shop topics with the team, like this one:

But I’ve bookmarked your comment and will raise this with the group in our next meeting. You’re definitely not the first person who’s requested a simple logo design.

11 Likes

When I watch HBO Max, I will watch Criterion Collection movies, Rick and Morty Friday nights, DC related movies on Saturday nights, and Sunday mornings, I have a classic cartoon block of Looney Tunes, Josie and the Pussycats and Aquaman.

10 Likes

Hey Turtle Man! We’ve had people ask for friends lists before, and it’s something that we don’t feel comfortable with. On traditional social media people can start to be competitive or territorial or create cliques around friend lists. We really want to make the Community as inclusive and open to everyone as we can :slight_smile:

I sure will! This topic we’re typing in is the 2nd of its name. I’ll be talking more about the 3rd installment of Office Hours at the end of tonight’s session!

12 Likes

:rofl: Most likely it’ll be a boring VOL III name to stay formatting clean, but I’ll certainly take suggestions!

13 Likes

I’ll never say “no” to Eye of the Tiger!

12 Likes

How about Office Hours Vol. III: The Revenge of Oracle?

11 Likes

Yay, I’m so happy that got updated! Fixes will continue to abound far and wide :earth_americas: :heart:

12 Likes

Absolutely! They’ve definitely had their fair share of reminders that “more than clothes” is a common request. I woud love to see a world where we have so many toys and figures we can serve both the popular and obscure characters :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Haven’t found a pattern to say for sure, yet, but will do, Captain. (Nick Frost came up first, so that’s the ONE. I’m pretty sure this is from Spaced too :raised_hands:)

I’ll go out on a limb (from my own perspective anyway) and say they’re just not as interesting anymore? :woman_shrugging:t2: I watch things like this partially out of habit, lol, and hoping something different happens. My expectations weren’t high, which is why I’m a bit surprised it still kinda disappointed? Had a fun debate about it tho :joy: And there’s plenty o’ other stuff to watch—too much actually. This can wait…or I do a super nerdy thing and grab the time stamps for you just so you can see her! :dancer:t2: :white_check_mark: ?

Also: No idea why that panda seems to be so happy, but who am I to judge? :purple_heart: Okay, bye.

10 Likes

That’s a good one!!! :raised_hands:

12 Likes

Congratulations on the ironclad willpower! That’s something to be proud of :triumph: It leaves room in your life for what you KNOW you need :dp_flex_mentallo:

11 Likes

:rofl: Awwww darnit! I guess it kind of sounds like the name gets French at the end there, though? :sweat_smile:

I haven’t seen Veneno, I haven’t even heard of it!
:computer: :computer_mouse:

Oh wow, this sounds really important- thank you so much for the recommendation.
:writing_hand: Adds to list :writing_hand:

10 Likes

Nothing concrete, but phrases like “looking forward to events when we’re ready” “hope we can do xyz when we’re ready” are starting to be uttered. Folks are also starting to go back into the office in reservation phases. It might not be too far away, hopefully :crossed_fingers:

This honestly sounds like the best meet-up ever- way better than the big splashy ones :hugs: I used to love me some late-nights at Denny’s! Would the servers be in cosplay? Would the menu be updated to be only DC-centric food puns?

12 Likes

Glob, you’re good. It hasn’t, but you’re right that now is a good time to start reminding folks :fist: Feel free to nudge me for updates on this often and enthusiastically!

11 Likes

:eyes: Oooh. I was going to go, but I guess I’ll keep lurking for a bit…

[edit] :point_down: I’ll be proud. A+ :star: for a straight reply. Boom! :raised_hands::boom:

10 Likes