OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

@Applejack, are you familiar with a movie company called Troma?

7 Likes

In my opinion RC was by far the worst soda I’ve ever drink and along with (Sorry Marty McFly!) Pepsi!
I’m more of a Rootbeer fan, I’ll drink it once a while.:slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Overall, I am careful with how much I eat and with what I eat. But Pepsi is my weakness.

9 Likes

RC Cola dislikers unite! :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

While I like Pepsi and Coke, I will forever prefer Pepsi.

Besides it’s placement in the Back to the Future firmament, I’ve always preferred it’s taste to Coke.

Plus, Pepsi had Crystal Pepsi and has Mountain Dew, while Coke had that Diet Coke with Lime sludge from…nearly 20 years ago? Yeesh! I still remember the taste of that. :face_vomiting:

Yeah, Pepsi had Pepsi Lemon, which was…okay at times, and then that caramel salt-flavored deal from a year or two ago, but Great Scott, they also have Mountain Dew S.A.! It’s a play on “USA”, but with “Dew” in place of “U”. 'Tis tasty, 'tis.

To be fair to Coke, their Cherry Vanilla Coke is rad. As is Cherry Coke with real cherry syrup.

7 Likes

I don’t remember what RC Cola tasted like

8 Likes

No question this week, I just wanted to send out another huge THANK YOU! to everyone on the team who was responsible for the development and implementation of the new comic issue cover overlays that debuted last week. Awesome, awesome job, everyone! It’s much appreciated. :clap: :+1:

10 Likes

For some reason, I’m not a fan of vitamin water, so I’m thinkin… if you can drink that, why not have the bubbles, too? :tada: :grinning: That’s why I like to put my own splash of juice in it…but really, I’m in it for the BUBBLES :100:!

And I’ll forgive @THE_OneAndOnly_Official_Batman for calling it nasty :rofl: @Mae what flavor do you have on hand? (Applejack?)
I have lemon, because of course I do! I :purple_heart: all the lemon things! Lemonheads (and Sour Patch Children) are still go-to movie candies…dark chocolate almond M&Ms, too!

Captain, :face_with_monocle: superior movie snacks? Do you prefer a certain snack to go with/ certain genre? Do you stick to food that travels easily or do you go big and grab a burrito or falafel or something? Inquiring minds want to know. Or have you ever been to a show purely based on the weirdness of a name?(Just me? Prbly just me :wink:) Okay, bye.

9 Likes

I have grapefruit and yummy watermelon! I know it’s not for everyone but I really enjoy the clear taste and BUBBLES! I also do like Vitamin Water too :hugs:

9 Likes

I’ve never tired the watermelon. :white_check_mark:

8 Likes

It’s good and watermelony!

9 Likes

Hmm…:thinking:

Does La Croix come in bottles? I don’t want to invest in a sixer of it at the onset of my experimenting with it, but if a gent such as myself could procure it in bottled form, then I could be persuaded to try La Croix.

sees the Nemo gif

As Edward Nygma said in Batman Forever, “Thank you. Thank you so much!” :hugs:

SN: Finding Nemo is my favorite Pixar movie. I :heart: it from here to the EAC!

8 Likes

Admiral @Applejack (as Roy Tam said in 1994’s The Shadow, “Hey, that’s catchy.”) I’ve four queries for ya:

• 1. Justice Society: World War II (the newest direct to video animated DC flick, in case you were unaware) is out now on digital HD and 4K.

Being that it’s the very first movie to star DC’s first team, have you any interest in it (especially since Wonder Woman is a starring character, which makes the movie another cap in Diana’s 80th anniversary hat)?

To commemorate the flick, I’m going to do a JSA-based binge which constitutes the following:

• Start: Curl up and re-read my favorite issues of Geoff Johns’ JSA run.

• Middle: Catch the last two or three episodes of Stargirl, which I still have yet to see.

• End: See Justice Society: World War II. I find that will be the tasty strawberry on top of my JSA pie and a worthwhile conclusion to what sounds like a fun JSA binge.

• 2. Have you checked out the Infinite Frontier run on Nightwing yet?

Being a big Nightwing guy myself, I’m loving it so far, with Nightwing being my favorite Batman-related Infinite Frontier read thus far. Tom Taylor has the goods on Mr. Grayson. Speaking of Tom Taylor, I can’t wait for Superman: Son of Kal-El in July. I’m thinking that “Tom Taylor + Superman” will equate to one badass Superman tale/series.

• Noodles and 'taters (aka query #3). I’m kicking around the idea of changing my DCUI name. Any suggestions on a new nom de guerre?

I did actually change it to Max Faraday a few months ago. It was only for a few minutes though, as I didn’t feel like re-educating folks on the name change and that “Vroom” then equaled “Max Faraday”, so I changed it back to my current Onomatopoeia-Approved™ handle.

Maybe…looks at hair dryer Max Power? Yes…that could work…:thinking:

So, a name change. To it, do you say “Woohoo!” or “Uh-oh, Spaghettios!”?

goes to watch Knight Boat while he further contemplates a potential name change

I hope there’s a nearby fjord on this week’s episode! Or an inlet.

ponders for a moment

Ah, the hell with Knight Boat. I’ll watch The Nevers instead, as I digs me some Nevers. Have you seen that, AJ?

• Cookies IV: The Voyage Home (aka the fourth query). I remember there being “What’s Coming to and Leaving HBO Max” threads in the Watchtower earlier in the year, but I haven’t seen a thread of that nature for this month or May.

Are those threads still going to be posted in the Watchtower on a continued basis as they once were? They were quite helpful in being able to find a fixed list of new and leaving DC content on that service (as opposed to skimming various “going and coming” lists elsewhere online that listed everything coming/going to HBO Max).

I’d like to see those threads return on a continual basis, if possible, please and thank you.

Okilydokily-do, that wraps up my queries to yas for the week (anticipates a “Thank God!” response from some). Thanks in advance, Admiral Applejack. :vulcan_salute:t2:

beams onto the U.S.S. Bebop, NCC-1998, and orders his helmsman/ Second Officer, Lt. Cmdr. Jett, to set a course for “Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning.”, then takes his Captain’s seat next to Commander/First Officer Valentine

7 Likes

In fairness, CM was announced as having Danvers as the lead 3 years before Wonder Woman came out.

6 Likes

Maybe so, but it took the success of Wonder Woman to get the MCU to finally push for female led films…

6 Likes

Good thing, because I’m 2 weeks and 300+ posts behind…

7 Likes

Honestly, I hope we don’t get to that point as much as I want a huge turnout for every WAL. I like the small intimate gatherings we have. Of course, I also have trouble paying attention to what we’re watching as well as the chat as it is, so I may not be the best to decide…

7 Likes

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I don’t have anything close to enough time to really search through the community. Banners and notifications are absolutely essential for me. Hope this gives a slight bit of perspective. Obviously I’m way behind on this chat alone…

7 Likes

As much as I love MST3K, the best show ever will always be Wonder Woman. I mean, it’s been over 45 years and it’s still awesome. Plus, it’s freaking Wonder Woman!!!

7 Likes

Actually, it’s because they had Madonna advertise for them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Honestly, I have no opinion on the taste as I don’t really care for any soda. I’ll be a pepper or drink a Pibb very rarely…

7 Likes

True story, they did a Winnie the Pooh themed cookbook at one point and gave it the single worst title ever, Cooking with Pooh…

7 Likes