OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

SO MANY CONGRATULATIONS to both teams!! It was a joy to watch and play. I’m deeply impressed- I’ll elaborate with your specific questions. :face_with_monocle:

Conducting it entirely in Community rather than being supported by editorial and other formats presented unique challenges. The formatting of each topic was beautifully executed, and at times even reminded me a bit of a board game. The way each set of MM match-ups (between ToT and DD) was really well-coordinated.

The initial bracket submission round was really exciting and I loved seeing how involved everyone got- that first round is always the most magical, so many hopes!

If I had to come up with something to improve on, I think having it solely in community and creating many different topics made it a little harder to follow the continuity of the event. I don’t have an immediate solve for that. What bubbles up is the way @Nathan.Payson created his Rebirth Reading Orders

, and the clever little arrows at the bottom.

I think it went well for the times we could promote it. I think it really clearly proved out the challenges of bannering being one of the only really reliable ways we have to feature topics- when it was featured, it soared. Otherwise, it was a challenge.

But I was very impressed with how people kept up with it and were deeply invested.

I wasn’t surprised :wink:

I believe we do. My parsing now is taking the results of both MM’s and comparing them against the promoted campaigns like Round Robin and Nightwing’s Doggo polls, and slicing them to show the value of MM without any external support still receiving a significant amount of engagement.

Yep :slight_smile: They were very interested in the tournament after I did a presentation to the Publishing team and they asked me to share more in a smaller leadership meeting. We’re getting swept up in the “now” (hi, Fortnite), but I believe that it’s on the radar enough for when it’s time to start reminding folks again (which I will do with the aforementioned data slicing/comparison).

Again, deeply impressed and frankly, indebted.

12 Likes