OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

OOOOH a treasure chest! I’ll have to squirrel that Bob Hope special away for the weekend, thank you for sharing!

10 Likes

:rofl: never fear! It does sound like it was worded confusingly, I’ll let the survey folks know to clean that up a bit :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I didn’t even think about this :sob::sob::sob::sob:

8 Likes

Enter Maxwell Lord, my favorite villian in the movie! :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m pretty much doing my own watch along during the Office Hours!LOL! Sorry Oracle! Last time, Diana meets Maxwell Lord!:grin:

7 Likes

Unfortunately, no. The choices around those decisions are based on sensitive and private contract terms with the creators, oftentimes.

The best rule of thumb for many titles is, if they are still significant sellers in retailers, they will not be made available behind a single subscription cost. For a few others, there are creator terms in the contracts that won’t be discussed publicly.

:rofl: I kind of wish this is what it was like! Chances are it was windowed under an exclusive contract.

They will most likely be given a longer windowing until they’ve done their due diligence in the sales department.

If those are considered collected editions, they may fall under that particular umbrella.

Because this discussion has the potential to breach privacy and contracts, I’m afraid it won’t be able to happen. We can only hope that the 100+ or so comics we add every month is enough to satisfy appetites.

11 Likes

Is it identical??? I was always averse to it because of its molasses-y quality.

10 Likes

I missed it, but happy belated birthday!!

giphy 200w giphy (1)

9 Likes

OK, so I never check out the DC Shop (because I really don’t need more tee shirts), but I just saw that Darkseid hat and omg am in love. Any chance there’s going to be another run on those for us poor fools who didn’t nab it when it first came out?

ALSO: what should my pug cosplay as for FCBD? He’s already been Lockjaw, the Infinity Puglet, and Nick Furry Agent of SHED. I need to up his DC cred.

9 Likes

Oh my gosh, I’m not sure about my favorite episode- there are a lot of really good ones :thinking: I do really like all the episodes where we meet Dwight’s family, though. Dwight may be my favorite character.

I agree, I was kind of waiting to hear your thoughts after Steve Carell left- I really preferred him as the boss over Andy.

7 Likes

Before quarantine we did have an “Events” section under the Watchtower for news on cons and gatherings, I’m down to bring that back in the next few weeks! And it makes a lot more sense under “Clubs & Events” :slight_smile:

Now that I’m thinking about it, it would be nice to reintroduce that to the forums with an overarching campaign celebrating the world re-opening. I’ll have to sit on my pile of eggs about that one.

9 Likes

This is my name tag at my desk:

Note the icon behind Barbara’s shoulder :slight_smile:

This is a great story for getting into Oracle in Gail Simone’s Birds of Prey.

Here is where Oracle was first mentioned, by John Ostrander in Suicide Squad. The first full appearance is in the same series, #38:

I’m a big fan of Oracle/Barbara Gordon because I think it’s one of the best examples of continuing a character’s fate without having to reverse the tragedy, and I especially appreciate a superhero who became disabled but rose above and became arguably more powerful than ever.

12 Likes

Daaaaaang

8 Likes

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @kelex display help.

5 Likes

Because the Encyclopedia is currently on hiatus (no one at the wheel!) we don’t have an ETA for their return :frowning:

9 Likes

We recently had a club leader ask for some wallpapers and we’re planning to provide those :slight_smile: At this time we react to the requests of the club leaders when asked, but we tend to let them run the clubs as they see fit/as their bandwidth allows, rather than imposing direction on them. My philosophy is that it keeps the clubs fueled on passion rather than obligation.

That being said, if you want to ask the Legion club leader about wallpapers, they may be able to set something up :wink:

8 Likes

I thought it was a DC Ink title when I first saw it, too!! I haven’t read any of the Icons books yet, though- do you recommend them? I feel like you must if you’ve read a few of them!

Oh my gosh, I do that with comic books ALL THE TIME. Especially variant covers. I 100% plan on doing that with the Pride issues coming out in June- I care about the interiors, but those babies are just too gorgeous to skip even if I’m not wild about the story.

These two are my favorite:

I AM NOT WORTHY! :sob: :sob: :sob:

11 Likes

You’re right—I wasn’t exactly clear was I? I meant B vit content. Its the consistency of peanut butter and I add a little extra if I’m using avacados, but it does have sodium, so maybe not. That’s the thing you were supposed to avoid :thinking: …?

I almost forgot: this popped up lastnight at our WAL. Thought I’d drop it off. Never seen it before. No one else had one tho :woman_shrugging:t2:

Summary

8 Likes

The Community Hero program was possible because we were in the office with access to the sweet, sweet, swag. We also had a built-in sweepstakes and rewards program with shipping processes I could leverage to get them out the door.

Until we’re back in the office I won’t be able to assess the capabilities we have to run that program again, but it was one of my favorite campaigns. It’s definitely top of mind when we have all our pistons firing :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Looks like Christmas came early!! I’m just finishing the beautiful track Time I Love to Waste from DJ @Mae, then I’m aaalll up in these :eyes:

8 Likes