OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Good call!! :rofl:

You can find them in the Clubs & Events >Q&As category, or by searching “Benjamin Le Clear” in our search bar!

8 Likes

I agree- even if he makes mistakes, he really does seem to have a good heart :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:thinking: I don’t think I have, I’ll look those up!

8 Likes

Hi @Applejack,

Good to see you, how has your week been so far? I barely recognized you without your Babs profile!!! :sweat_smile: The new one is equally as cool!!!

Have you had the chance to watch WandaVision yet? :grin:

6 Likes

What could possibly compete??

Definitely working on it! We’d like talent appearances to be a part of the DC Book Club, and we also were able to host Ron Marz in late February. So they are slowly/surely starting back up.

Baaaaaah the little totem pole of fluff!! The Flufftem Pole!! That right-middle cat doesn’t look entirely thrilled but they definitely have it pretty good.

I think this is something that could be arranged! :sunglasses: @Green.Lantern is joining in the journey of discovery, but I bet we could persuade them to tee up one of our Gotham Gals for a near-future installment.

THank you for the tunes, this is a nice gentle bop :musical_keyboard:

9 Likes

So sorry, that topic was moved when we stopped accepting club submissions- I’ve moved it back to a public space so you can look more closely- here’s the link again:

As for responsibilities, it depends on the nature of the club. The Batmobuddies is mostly a single topic devoted to sharing when Batmobiles are spotted, with the occasional new topic created if the news warrants it. Others, like the DC History Club, are deep-dive research efforts on the part of the club leaders. Many fall somewhere in between these.

10 Likes

I absolutely will share your gratitude, thank you for noticing their efforts!

9 Likes

Oh, absolutely! How fun would it be to see her disguised in a Harley cosplay at a con?

9 Likes

Hello Oracle​:woman_red_haired:,
You don’t mind me calling you Oracle? If you do I apologize I’ll go back to Applejack, kind of started calling Moderators by their character’s name like @MAN.OF.STEEL Superman.
The only thing is if I call @Alec.Holland Swamp Thing, that’s sound kind of mean.:thinking:
Maybe I’ll go back calling Moderators by their regular username.

8 Likes

Funny you should ask that, I was just reading over the Roll Call topic and read my response to that less than an hour ago.

I moved around a lot as a kid and my brother was my main babysitter. He’d take me to arcades and comic shops after school and I loved the foil X-Men trading cards, especially Rogue and Storm. The arcade game too, of course. He collected comics like Ninja High School, Spawn, and Batman that I would sneak. Being interested in games and comics is how I met new friends and it all just kind of snowballed from there :rofl:

I don’t think you’ve shared your own origin story, what got you into the world of comics? Or maybe just DC in general?

9 Likes

:rofl: When worlds collide!!

7 Likes

You, friend, really know how to sell a good time! It isn’t entirely foreign for folks from the DC Community to meet up- it’s definitely happened on more than one occasion. I say keep dreaming it into reality :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You’re too sweet Kookie, thank you for clarifying the deep curiosity as the source- though impatience isn’t all bad, either! I saw an interesting Tik Tok recently about how we can channel certain feelings into others (anxiety > excitement, anger > passion) . We say a lot that fans that take the time to complain are our most passionate. Anyway, I do appreciate your effort to explain. But also know that we trust your heart is in the right place, we’ve all been around the block a few times together :slight_smile:

Okay, first! For Publication Date errors, my understanding that is a deeper issue with the backend metadata, rather than a “fix one at a time” matter; as in, it’s a system issue that has to be fixed that is more complex than my understanding can convey. I just know that it’s not a typo, it’s being generated by tech.

As for 1-3, I just opened up ye olde spreadsheet to see what reasoning might be behind certain errors. If you can provide me specific issues I can tell you exactly what the reasoning is, but for some:

1. Issues out of place on series page - everything I looked for reported as “out of place” on the series page is noted as fixed.

2. Misattributed writers- this is most likely because the information impacts many more services than DC Universe Infinite, so a larger effort needs to be made to ensure all services are updating in parity.

3. This looks like it’s awaiting another level of approval from higher ups- I’m sure once these traps have been run a few more times, the coordinator who is looking at these errors will be granted more trust to make these calls, but for now I think they’re still getting their stability and want to make sure with the higher-ups.

Hope this clears things up!

8 Likes

“Touché…”

8 Likes

Hey that’s interesting, I’m sure the publishing team would appreciate that! What editors are you most interested in?

7 Likes

Live footage of ajm! Lookit that smile :grin:

The last word I got, the devices were almost 100% rolled out. We’re aiming to post the release notes tomorrow. It looks like most of the work done was behind-the-scenes improvements to a lot of the errors reported on the launch of DCUI.

HOWEVER…
The Comics History disappearing is disturbing. What device is that one? Is that still happening?

My particular section on my laptop is called “Dive Back In”, I don’t have a History :thinking: I’m wondering if it’s different per device.

Oooooh yes, that has been an initiative I’ve been working on for about 2 months! It’s been a lot of work, but I’m really happy to see so many new faces joining :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing you in the discussion!

10 Likes

Aha! I was there for that!

plays foghorn in celebration

7 Likes

Why not? :wink:

8 Likes

swan dives into treasure chest full of doughnuts

7 Likes

This cat perfectly summarizes the “internet famous” vibe.

8 Likes