OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Solid pun.

9 Likes

Like he just donā€™t careā€¦

7 Likes

HI AJ,

This is the missing issue of Catwoman (1993):

https://www.comixology.com/Catwoman-1993-2001-24/digital-comic/33672

It was released on Comixology last week, but wasnā€™t added here. Hope this helps.

(And on the same subject, the also-missing Supergirl (2016) #42 was mentioned again tonight.)

11 Likes

Always! :purple_heart:

8 Likes

The music reminds me of Madonnaā€™s cover (which I LOVE), but I am not as thrilled by the vocals. Not something I donā€™t ever want to hear, just not my bag, babyā€¦

7 Likes

Hey moro, great to see you hanging out! All questions welcome :slight_smile: Hopefully I have some satisfying answersā€¦

No, this is new! You can still toggle to Dark Mode if you wish, maybe at night? While you will have to dig into settings a bit, itā€™s relatively painless. Iā€™ll put the walk-thru here in case you ever need it :slight_smile:

Well thatā€™s no good. The best way to get technical errors with the reader addressed is to report them to the DCUI Customer Support team at yourdcu.com/submit- they have a system that tracks the frequency and severity of issues, which then feeds into priority for the roadmap. Reporting them in Community means they get dropped in a bucket that lacks the same impact of the ticketing system they use.

Hmm, thatā€™s a very interesting proposal- I wouldnā€™t be opposed to it, but it would most likely take building a team to support it because that means creating a relationship with Google Play and Apple, and submitting to those companies for approval with releases. In short, thereā€™s less autonomy and more overhead when itā€™s powered through an app, but I definitely see the advantage and would be interested in exploring this. I donā€™t think itā€™s something the greater franchise would support until we had a population that competed with something like Reddit, though.

Itā€™s in our best interest to remain neutral in order to maintain a positive community. Not because weā€™re not allowed to speak our minds, but it alienates members of different fandoms when people in moderator positions express opinions that might be in opposition to the members. For example, the very divisive Snyder Cut: Imagine if moderators, the people charged with protecting the space, openly expressed that they didnā€™t like Zack Snyderā€™s style? It starts to carve a community that really isnā€™t for all fans, but fans that agree with the opinions of its leaders. Thatā€™s not super kind. I think itā€™s still possible to be constructively critical and open-hearted, which is a balance Iā€™m proud of our moderators striking.

Not at this time! We do tend to veer away from the friend system to prevent cliques, though :slight_smile: But if you have enhancements youā€™d like to see, we love hearing that feedback!

That is, maybe surprisingly, still on my radar! It was in progress to be fixed when the initiative to launch DCUI came down the pipe. Once the devs have found some stability, Iā€™ll sneak that housekeeping back onto their roadmap :slight_smile: Thanks for the reminder!

Hopefully these answers help everyone, so no skin off my back! But would be nice to see you around, of course :smile_cat:

10 Likes

Music for my Valentineā€™s Day

7 Likes

Hey TimDrake02, great question, and welcome back! Again, weā€™ve got @ajm08g to the rescue delivering the incredible and tireless work of our very own @TurokSonOfStone1950 :heart_eyes:

I hope that helped, but please return and let us know if that didnā€™t fit the bill :slight_smile:

11 Likes
8 Likes

Hehā€¦ one of mine has decided that the warmest spot in the house is on the keyboard of my work laptopā€¦ and sheā€™s NOT used to not getting her own way!

9 Likes

This is a very touching tribute, RF! I can see how much Mr. Plummer has impacted you throughout your life, thank you for sharing! I look forward to ā€œNever Say Neverā€ being stuck in my head all night :rofl:

Although he didnā€™t have a starring role, I thought his part in Knives Out was absolutely perfect. He used the time he had to make a huge impact on creen and brought a full character to the story. Was he in any other whodunnits? He did so well in Knives Out, I bet he has some experienceā€¦

12 Likes

I actually have a replica Aquaman trident as the only keychain on my Keys. I think you can never go wrong with a good quality cinch bag or lanayard both useful practical items that can be used daily.

Side question why does DC avoid using their logo on clothing/ accessories. The only thing Iā€™ve ever seen is the doom patrol hat with the giant DC logo on the front. I of course had to snatch that up as soon as I saw it. But some competitor out there who will remain nameless sells shirts, lanyards, pajamas bottoms you name with just their big red logo stamped all over while DC almost seems against using their logo on merchandise

8 Likes

Started playing it and instantly lost sound. Not sure if this is my compute (very likely) or the site or YouTube.

6 Likes

W00t, thank you for getting out ahead of this, AH! PROTECTOR OF THE OH!

10 Likes

I canā€™t find the earlier post where someone said that the missing labels, icons, etc. had been reported on Windows Chrome, but my screenshot from earlier tonight showing the issue (which persisted after a reboot) was on Windows Firefox.

8 Likes

:point_up: Facts!

11 Likes

Not that specifically, no. Just a few rando things I canā€™t figure out :woman_shrugging:t2: They happen, then they donā€™t. Iā€™ll bring any consistent issues to youā€”promise!

It was recommended, then my sister saw it and wanted to read it in our quarantine book club. Tales, eh? :thinking: Lemme think about thatā€”itā€™s dark. Hey, youā€™re a Stephen King fan, right? (This is courtesy of Jo. Neither of us had any clue they existed!!:hushed:) This is going on the list. Have you read it?

10 Likes

Well, if any mods harbor safely kept secrets (and understandably so for the reasons you describe) they can rest easy knowing I have enough loathing for that :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: for twenty people.

7 Likes
7 Likes

shock-gif

WHAAAT???

I had no idea!!! Oh my gosh, happy anniversary to all of us!! :cupcake: Crazy. :exploding_head:

15 Likes