OFFICE HOURS SWAMP EDITION: Ask DC Universe Infinite Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

And to add to this great question from @RexRebel , I’m assuming we are going to be able to enjoy DCUi for years, and years, and years, and years to come…right… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :crossed_fingers:

Ohhhhh, I would love to know this as well… Certainly, it’s not when a certain member that goes by the name that starts with a “B” and ends with a “66”, creates a thread under the wrong Category, henceforth, the Mods have to move it… right? :grin: :blush:

10 Likes

A theme for tonight’s festivities:

And a question, which I’ll make moderator-oriented, in honor of tonight’s host: Is there at least one moderator monitoring the community at all times, 24/7/365? I do see moderators here on the weekend, which I think is pretty cool. Do you guys work holidays and overnight hours, too (of course, it’s always “overnight” somewhere in the world)?

11 Likes

That would be great. And how about some voice talent from the animated shows?

11 Likes

5:00pm, he’s coming!

I think.:slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Good evening everyone!

Welcome to the swamp. I hope that you brought some good boots, maybe even a poncho. It’s a little damp in here.

… Sorry about the mess too.

Looks like I’ve got some answerin’ to do, so I’ll get right to it. Thanks everyone for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! :st_swamp_thing2:

18 Likes

While you’re waiting for Alec answer our questions, you might want to open another tab and enjoy some classic episodes of Swamp Thing!

12 Likes

It truly would be awesome if they did! Right now the team appears to be focusing on the many national holidays that fall during the summer months. Right now, there’s some new Independence Day swag up in the store for example.

The team tends to focus on the bigger picture, making sure that most of the popular heroes and villains aren’t missed out. However, I can definitely make a mention to the team that you’d like to see some more specific releases in the future. Doesn’t hurt to ask, right?!

13 Likes

Really?

opens wallet

Oh, you mean the holiday.

closes wallet

11 Likes

So, I’ve been enjoying the listen alongs of the old Superman radio show, and I was thinking: Wouldn’t it be great if DC Universe could team up with Audible and create some new “radio” shows based on some of the other DC characters? Pattern them in the style of the old radio shows, maybe even have some fake retro-style commercials. What do you think? And which characters do you think would be a natural for such a format?

11 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with wearing red, white & blue all year round!:slightly_smiling_face::us_outlying_islands:

11 Likes

I’m a fan of the pirate language, personally. So this is more of a mutiny :smiling_imp:

Yup! The club leaders are always at work to make sure they catch and support the latest releases. Suicide Squad should be heavily featured across the forums when it launches!

You’re totally right, it’s a little too early to really know anything concrete regarding this situation. I’m not sure when we’ll get some more concrete info about this, but we’ll be sure to let you (and the rest of the community, of course) know when we hear something!

I’d have to ask publishing about that, but I don’t think that writers tend to aim for a specific number and it’d be a little bizarre to extend a story purely so it finishes on an even number (though my non-OCD need for things to be neat and tidy would appreciate it).

I actually have two wonderful dogs that reside in my house. They’re both rescues. You can see them here! :slight_smile:

Honestly, there’s not a lot that really irritates me in the community (and definitely not your questions)! I don’t want to cop out, so I will say that it’s a little irksome when we’re misidentified as members of the support team. Community and Customer Service work hand in hand, but we’re not the same teams!

13 Likes

If it’s good enough for Wonder Woman…

11 Likes

It’s perfect, purely because of the title!

10 Likes

Unless you’re Batman.

13 Likes

Yes! We’ve been noodling around with the idea of creating a Discord server for the community to use for various events that don’t necessarily work in the forum format. Live Read-Alongs would be something that could take place there. We’re always looking for new ways to interact with the community and get you all involved, so if you think of anything please holla with your suggestions! (Same goes for anyone else reading!)

12 Likes

Is it accurate to call Hank Williams the Batman of country music?

9 Likes

Just the perfect ending quote there. Does sound slightly ominous :eyes:

12 Likes

“Everyone thought that Stork was brain damaged” :joy:

I love Animal House!

12 Likes

A fantastic choice of song! I’d never heard it before, but very appropriate!

Alligators are always welcome. Fun fact, when I bought a cat in college, I went to the pet store to pick up a bed, bowls etc. for him. The dude in the pet store tried to sell me a baby Caiman! :crocodile:

12 Likes

Swampy, Alec, ST are all perfectly fine :slight_smile: I’m definitely no Oracle!

I do not know! I’m seeing some speculative reports elsewhere on the net that state late August/early September. I’ve not heard anything about a concrete date on our end, so take that with a pinch of salt.

11 Likes