OFFICE HOURS SWAMP EDITION: Ask DC Universe Infinite Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

From your post to HBOMAx leaders.

10 Likes

Itā€™s not like I hate gore and wonā€™t watch any movie with it present, but I donā€™t enjoy movies like The Human Centipede and Hostel where the entire point is to be gory.

12 Likes

Me too, but we did get an amazing series out of it. I take solace in that!

11 Likes

So speaking of the horror genre, any future plans for some from DC, and if not what horror comic would you like to see?

10 Likes

Yes, exactly. A little is okay. A whole movies worth? Not so much for me.

And thanks for going down the rabbit hole! It wasnā€™t my intention but I appreciate it! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Well, thereā€™s always The Conjuring (arriving on DCUI next month!!!) and The Nice House on the Lake which are both ongoing and really incredible series.

Iā€™d like to a miniseries that hyperfocuses on The Scarecrow. Truly Batmanā€™s scariest villain. How about you?

12 Likes

@Alec.Holland ā€¦ Ohā€¦ I love anything scary / horror / gory, etcā€¦ But, if you Truly want to Scare the ever-lovinā€™ mess outta somebodyā€¦ have them go watch any of the old documentaries about how they ā€¦ oh it hurts to even say itā€¦ big sigh and gulpā€¦ how they Burned Comic Books Back in 1948 after the Seduction of Innosence came outā€¦
Gaspā€¦ I debated on Blurring this post outā€¦ because I didnā€™t know if it was too Intensely Gory for some members to takeā€¦ :sleepy:

11 Likes

Personally I would like an anthology Twice a year with guest writers from the horror genre.

9 Likes

This would be a really cool thing to do for Halloween every year!

10 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen this photo before. Itā€™s truly painful to look at :frowning: Why did they burn them?

10 Likes

unnamed
Because they (with the help of this insane psychologist) thought they were making the youth of America become badā€¦
Which is why the comics code startedā€¦ insane

They literally had Captial Hill hearings about Comics
image-placeholder-title

12 Likes

Agreed Iā€™ll never understand this, though if they were burning Mein Kampf would we have the same reaction.

7 Likes

Crazy! I never heard the origin story for the comics code. Thanks for the little history lesson!

10 Likes

Personally, I see no reason to burn any books/comics no matter their content. But I wonā€™t pull everyone into a history/ethics/moral conversation. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Alrighty, itā€™s looking like itā€™s that time, folks. Thank you for sticking around with me this evening and feel free to leave questions in this thread ahead of next weekā€™s Office Hours.

Have a great evening! :wave: :blue_heart:

12 Likes

Agree with you there.

8 Likes

Great first night @Alec.Holland

9 Likes

Night! This was fun! Iā€™ll try to remember to be here next week!

7 Likes

Thanks for answering all of our questions :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

I made it!!! I know what Iā€™m reading next ty for that!! I hear yaā€™, I miss AJ like crazy. That was my ride or die but I canā€™t wait to get to know u better. Weā€™ll be at ride or die status in no time.

10 Likes