Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

@Jitsu Now that the JLA has sadly passed away, do you think there should be a new lineup and if so, whom should be in it.

5 Likes

What do you know about the Bat Cowl NFTs that just dropped and is there any chance we subscribers might get a discount?

Also, would you want to live in Gotham, Metropolis or any other city that had a superhero as their base knowing how often they get attacked?

7 Likes

I think for those who are passionate about NFTs and The Bats, it’s pretty neat! Are you excited about it? The NFT program is managed by a different team than my own, but I’ll see what they think of a discount program.

Love this question! I think for my own safety, I’d have tk say Metropolis. Buuuut if i could audition for rhe Bat Family, that might sway my decision :grin:

8 Likes

Super good question! Would love to make this easier for ya. @Alec.Holland let’s chat about this tomorrow and see what we can do.

9 Likes

Sure did! Took some time to get a lil research done–very fun, and very informative! I feel like I learned a pretty important piece of American film history. Here’s my breakdown:

• Harpo Marx: I think he’d be a wonderful casting for Music Meister! Pretty obscure, but given Harpo’s specific musical talents, I feel like this one makes some good sense. Music Meister is so expressive too, which I feel matches Harpo’s pantomime specialty.

• Groucho Marx: This one was oddly very easy for me, once I learned more about Groucho: Peacemaker! Groucho’s quick wit, comedic timing, and powerful showmanship fits our favorite peace-lover perfectly. They’re both super over the top (I suppose all of the Marx bros are), and it made me chuckle to picture Groucho wearing the chrome helmet.

• Chico Marx: This was a curveball, but my pick is Constantine. He’s crafty, cunning, but not allllllways with the program, so to speak. Both have a “been around the block” vibe, IMO.

• Gummo Marx: It was admittedly a little tough to place him, but his general business-first approach to his work made me think he might make a good Batman. Seems like once WWI started, he wasn’t really a man of theater and showmanship, so Batman’s direct approach to fighting crime felt right.

• Zeppo Marx: Polkadot Man! He almost looks like David Dastmalchian, no? His engineering experience also aligns with the most recent Suicide Squad film’s portrayal of the character.

So…how’d I do??

8 Likes

Love this idea! I don’t manage DC’s social channels, but I’ll pass a note to the Social Media team, and see what they think.

9 Likes

I’m a big fan of Azrael, and I feel like he gets slept on a lot. His constant fight for redemption, his weaponry, his approach to vigilantism–it’s all so good! I’ve also recently gotten into Captain Carrot, which has been a super fun new interest. I’d say those are my top two right now.

What about you?

7 Likes

I think so, but let me confirm that!

8 Likes

Perfection!

7 Likes

Harpo has to be Cassandra Cain
Chico is Chief O’Hara
Zeppo is Dick Grayson
short-lived Gummo Marx is Jason Todd
Groucho is the Joker
Margaret Dumont is Bruce Wayne

7 Likes

Oh you just opened a whole new can of worms, my friend.

Here you go!

6 Likes

@Jitsu , I’d have thought Groucho Marx would be better for Joker

8 Likes

To play an Irish cop, Chico could use the awesome accent he used to play a similar role in A Day at the Races.

6 Likes

RexRebel:

Favorite Dc Character, Batman!
Favorite DC Couple, Hawk Man and Hawk Woman!
Favorite DC Comic, Detective Comics!
Favorite DC Movie, Batman Begins!
Favorite Genre, Detective!

6 Likes

Excellent Answers.

5 Likes

Hey hey @FelixLeiter, got an update on this!

There’s unfortunately no discounted costs for any purchasers, regardless of DCUI subscription status. People who held DC FanDome NFTs from last year got early access to purchase Bat Cowls, but there are no discounted costs.

8 Likes

Appreciate the response and information!

6 Likes

Nice job on getting back to the question so fast

6 Likes

@Jitsu although I enjoyed last season of Doom Patrol, a few things bother me about it, and I would like your take on them.

I was pleased to see Rita become a giant in the final episode of the season, but why couldn’t she have used the size changing ability to get back to normal size in the first episode of season two when she and the others were tiny? Did she forget she could do that?

It was great seeing the Brotherhood of Evil but I thought the writers just didn’t do much with them. I feel they should have been used as Mr. Nobody was in season one, as a constant and dangerous threat throughout that season. But it seems the writers tried to load the show with too much (the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood of Dada, time travel, etc.). Couldn’t the Brotherhood have done something cool like try to conquer the world, rob Fort Knox, steal plutonium? And wasn’t the Brain defeated too easily? He’s supposed to be one of the smartest villains in the comics, and he was done in by a boiling kettle of water. Come on!

And why would Rita make Madame Rouge a member of the team after she got the man Rita loved killed? That’s just plain contrived. Am I missing something in all this?

6 Likes

Hey friends!

Just a heads up that there will be no Office Hours this week (Tuesday, May 3), as I’ll be out recovering from surgery. See you all next week!

<3 Jitsu

12 Likes