Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Did I miss an announcement or update while I was out of the country?

7 Likes

That it should, me and a friend one day walked 17 miles just seeing the sites.

6 Likes

Easy to do as one site leads to another, which leads to another, which leads to another…and then you have to walk back home! Walking in buildings that were built before Christianity even existed was a mind-blowing experience I still don’t think I have fully processed.

7 Likes

@Jitsu so has there been an uptick of members since the round robin started.

5 Likes

Yeah you did. There’s a thread with the announcement in #watchtower if you want to check it out

@FelixLeiter

6 Likes

You sure did!

Give it a read here: Site Updates & Enhancements: Welcome to Community 3.0!

8 Likes

There has been! Not including the 200+ fake accounts from that one individual, there has been some lovely new faces 'round here. Love to see it!

10 Likes

No and one I will never grow tired of.

5 Likes

@Jitsu what would you like to see on that fan cruise?

4 Likes

So that means first round the losing comic lost for nothing when one of them could’ve make it to the next round.:frowning:
My heart goes out to the writers, artists and fans who where cheering for those comic and are hurt by this.
I never thought anyone would ever go far.

4 Likes

You are BRILLIANT!

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be too picky about such a cruise (great idea BTW), so long as I can have a dance with April Bowlby.:heart:

5 Likes

Not sure they could get celebs on it

6 Likes

So @Jitsu now that the Batman is on HBOMAX, when is the scheduled marathon watching session? Perhaps too early but any direction on DCUI from the new bosses?
Has the merger slowed down any of the improvements you referenced as upcoming?

6 Likes

Hello @Jitsu,
I was wondering, will DC Universe Infinite be adding more then 3 archive comics each week soon? There’s so many missing comics I would love to see like the first appearance of Mr. Mxyzptlk, The Riddler and Mr. Freeze who was known as Mister Zero.
Thankyou. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Three part question:

1. Are you a fan of the Marx Brothers?

2. Do you have a favorite Marx Brothers movie?

3. If it were possible, what DC Universe character do you think Groucho, Chico or Harpo could successfully play?

7 Likes

I’ll admit–I don’t know too much about them, other than their general presence within cinema and comedy. With that said–give me until next week’s Office Hours to do a little research, and I’ll give you a FULL breakdown of what DC characters they would play and why. Sound good?

8 Likes

This is something we’re working to make happen! It is a process though, so hopefully we can start adding more soon.

8 Likes

We’ll shoot for early May! I have a surgery coming up right at the start of the month, so I’ll be confined to a couch/bed for a bit–perfect for a little Batman movie session :wink: .

Definitely too early! As the deal just closed very recently, any changes wouldn’t take effect for a bit. That being said, the DC Community will largely remain consistent with the year so far–we’ll have some new forms of content and fun activations happening throughout the rest of the year, but it’ll be the same DC Community you know and love!

The merger has not impacted any of the new developments for the DC Community site. Discourse (the team that develops this site) has been hard at work on the new improvements, and I’ve taken a look at some of them as they get placed into a staging site–can confirm, everything is looking awesome so far! Shouldn’t be much longer now!

8 Likes