Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

I might go for someone a bit younger there

6 Likes

Hey, you’re never too old to be a superhero.

6 Likes

Just thinking have them be younger when they start out

6 Likes

I just wanted to stop by and mention how cool the new DCUI is!!! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

9 Likes

I recently read a story featuring the Legion of Super Heroes and was wondering who some of your picks would be for a live action feature film?

6 Likes

Hey J (and @Alec.Holland, I’m looping you in on this, since you responded to me on Friday),

About a year ago, I put together this list of 17 issues that I believe to be missing from DCUI:

(I’ve also linked them here individually if that’s easier for you.)

I believe that the Adventures of Supergirl, New Adventures of Superboy and Wildcore Preview issues all should have been added to DCUI in April 2019, when 20,000 comics were added to the service. I went back and did my research and found that, indeed, all of these issues were left off of the publicly released lists of additions at the time. My belief, however, is that these issues being left out of these additions to DCUI was an error. I cannot think of any possible reason that those issues would have been excluded from the additions other than an error. There is nothing particularly special about these issues, like being Vertigo/prestige titles, that may have intentionally led to them being held off of here; they are just like any of the other thousands of regular issues that we have on here. I just can’t imagine that whoever was in charge of the additions would have only approved the first half of the Supergirl series, or denied the last several issues of Superboy.

The three Flash issues, however, are a separate matter. All three of them were on DCUI at one point in time but were presumably pulled due to the involvement of one of the creators, when all of his books were pulled from distribution by DC due to a legal matter. However, all three of those issues are still available for sale on Amazon. If DC doesn’t want anything that that creator worked on to be available to the public, then those issues should also be pulled from Amazon. Otherwise, if they are OK to be sold there, then they should be restored here on DCUI. I’d personally prefer the latter solution, but either way, ideally, DC’s comic offerings on Amazon and on DCUI should be identical.

I’ve now brought up these missing issues with three different Community Managers over the past year (and this problem potentially goes back three years), but this matter has yet to be brought to a resolution. If the Adventures of Supergirl, New Adventures of Superboy and Wildcore Preview issues should have been included in the original addition of those series back in 2019, but were left out due to an error, I hope that that error can now be corrected and that those issues can be added to DCUI, ASAP, outside of the normal issue addition cycle. Otherwise, if those issues were intentionally held off of DCUI for some reason, I would appreciate confirmation of that, just to put this matter to bed. Thank you.

7 Likes

@Jitsu , glad you brought back the Round Robin tournament, and I am looking forward to all the new additions to the site you announced. As to questions this week, with Batman soon to die in Justice League, whom do you think should succeed him, if anyone.

6 Likes

Looooove this. Ron Perlman has a flawless voice, and I think he’s a perfect for the role! Kinda looks like him too :thinking:

7 Likes

@Jitsu , since they are not on the community yet, how did the launch in Canada go.

5 Likes

I’m glad you’re excited! It takes a lot of work from many of us on the DC team, so I’m very stoked it’s finally underway.

ME…just kidding.

This is a tough question though…Honestly, I think a world in which the mantle of Batman is never taken up again could bring some interesting stories! Consider the presence the Bats has in the JL. Now consider how the rest of the team would need to come together, and pull some SERIOUS extra weight in order to keep the peace and balance of the JL as a cohesive unit. I think it’d be very compelling, at minimum!

7 Likes

Ooooh, this is a fun one. Since there are so many LoSH members throughout the years, I’ll just go with the original founding/starting members:

Cosmic Boy

• Finn Wolfhard
  • Timothee Chalamet

Saturn Girl

• Sadie Sink
  • Emily Rudd

Lightning Lad

• Dane Dehaan
8 Likes

And I just wanted to stop by and mention how cool YOU ARE!

8 Likes

Hers are some of my choices:

Brainiac 5: AJ Kapa

Shrinking Violet: Kristen Stewart

Triplicate Girl: Jessica Pare

5 Likes

Either that or put him in his Teen Titans cartoon role

5 Likes

x. penny for your thoughts .x

:grey_question:

7 Likes

Hi @Jitsu, I just noticed Batman vs. Bigby was added and was wondering if any of the fables comics and/or Fables: The Wolf Among Us (comic book adaptation of video game) will be added as well? :thinking:

I just recently realized that they were vertigo comics. Thank you in advance for your response by the way. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I will one millionth this suggestion.

6 Likes

I have a question/request on the main DC site when I look at community it looks like this below.

COMMUNITY

[

SEE ALL

](https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/)

WHAT’S NEW THIS WEEK ON DCUI

MAR 15

Looking to pile up your pull list? Click no further!

WHAT’S NEW ON DCUI: MARCH 2022

JAN 22

Check out all the comics dropping in March on DCUI!

COMMUNITY EVENT HIGHLIGHTS

DEC 27

Check out all the events occurring in the community this week!

As you can see the dates for Community Events and What’s new don’t match the current post they link to, so if I was looking at it and saw a date of 1/22 for new releases and 12/27 for events, i would probably not look at them as i would assume they are old, anyway you can fix that. It’s been that way for a long while.

7 Likes

This is a good point. It doesn’t look like that on my end as I’m logged in to an admin account, but I do see this from the public side. Essentially, I reuse old placeholders for articles and change the links and titles to correspond to ‘current’ threads. I didn’t realize there was a metadata timestamp for them too and that’s not an option I can change. I’ll go through and update some things today.

Thanks for the flag!

8 Likes

Thanks as always for the prompt response.

8 Likes