Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

I totally understand why you may be concerned! However, as of now, there are no plans to drastically change/remove any comics access. TV and film departments are generally separated from the print/digital departments, so it’s my understanding that what you currently have access to won’t change.

9 Likes

Thankyou so much answering my 2 questions @Jitsu, that’s really a relief.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

@Jitsu not sure if you saw this or not, so im just replying to it

5 Likes

Unfortunately, there aren’t any plans to bring DCUI to Amazon Kindle or Android tablets.

8 Likes

As far as I know, the club is still kind of on hiatus, as the club leader stepped away. Not sure if/when they have plans to pick it back up!

7 Likes

nards okay

6 Likes

I was able to google instructions for side loading the google play store onto my kindle and then download the DCUI app that way.

7 Likes

I have a kindle fire tablet and let me tell you, that is what I did and get to read on it primarily for comics. It is easier for me and so far not a lot of issues with it. I won’t direct anyone anywhere on it because its out there to find and works for us that need it.

7 Likes

Yes, I havent had any issues with it either, and I like reading my comics on a book sized screen.

7 Likes

To the interwebs!!!

Edit - y’all have just greatly improved my enjoyment of this app. Thank you, @scoop001 and @CassTheStreet!

7 Likes

Love to see it!

7 Likes

Can’t hardly believe the last time I was here, the Lady AppleJack was still holding court. And it was only by accident, I discovered that you @Jitsu, were now the host of this thread. So. I figured I’d dip my toes back in, and try the waters again.

Back in the 60s, readers were often asking about the age and timelines for Superman. As Superboy it seemed was said to exist in a specific time period. So, DC created the “floating timeline” for Superman. Keeping him a perpetual 29 years old, as the “real world” moved on around him. Clearly, that has all been “rewritten” with multiple Earths, allowing for different versions of characters existing in different time periods. Which is why this Nightwing, “new” Superman crossover in Nightwing #89, is so confusing to me.

How old was Dick Grayson when he first met the “original” Superman? How old when he first became Nightwing? When did Lois and Clark first have Jonathan? How old is Jonathan now? And how old was Dick when Jonathan was born? Seems to me, a lot of this stuff happens without any real rhyme or reason. Simply to scratch whatever itch a writer has at the moment. While remaining as confusing as hell, for the rest of us. At least to me, anyway. As this Dick and Jonathan obviously exist on the same Earth, and in the same time and space. Anybody out there want to clear all this up for me? Thanks!

Stay safe, be well.

7 Likes

Im just gonna reiterate @moro’s question here, because I’d like to know as well.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’ve already clicked like 10,000 times in a day 20 times. I don’t want to have to do it again. jk

7 Likes

Hey @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
Hope you’re doing well. I wasn’t happy at first that Shazam 2 got delayed, til I soon realize that it’s coming out 4 days before my Birthday, so now I really can’t complain. :smiley:
Hope you have a great week! Can’t wait for new season of Stargirl.

6 Likes

Hey @Jitsu! I hope you’re feeling better after being sick. Are you more excited for Black Adam or Shazam: Fury of the Gods?

7 Likes

Great question! Apologies @moro for not seeing this earlier–but to answer your question, these tasks will start on Sept. 1!

7 Likes

I’m feeling much better–thanks!

I think I’m more excited for Shazam! It seems like Dwayne Johnson has really poured a lot of himself into this role, so I’m super excited to see how he does as an iconic DC hero. Should be fun!

7 Likes

Hey there!

Heck yeah! Love that it lined up nicely for ya, despite the delay.

Have a wonderful week as well!

7 Likes

Glad to have you here! AJ was a wonderful part of this community, and I couldn’t be more proud to take the reins.

Hoooo boy, this is a lot! This DC lore is beyond my knowledge, but I bet someone here (@HubCityQuestion :eyes:) might be able to clear things up for you…whaddaya say, DC Community?

8 Likes