Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Hey there @Jitsu any thoughts on the return of the Harley Quinn animated series?

6 Likes

Salutations, @Jitsu! Thank you, as always, for opening up the door to the Office of Justice. I enjoy all of the questions from week to week.

I start this week by saying that I’ve spent the last week on DCUI re-reading the Doom Patrol Young Animal volume by Gerard Way and Nick Derington. And as a huge Gerard Way fan, I love-love-love his Doom Patrol run. After The Umbrella Academy I felt like he would always be perfect to write for Robotman, Crazy Jane, Flex Mentallo, etc.

With that mouthful said, is there any writer or artist (or both, as a team!) you’ve always thought would be perfect to work on a specific character/team in the DC/Vertigo/WB/Hanna Barbera pantheon?

5 Likes

This is a great question! Very excited to see what @Alec.Holland has to recommend.

In no particular order, my picks would be…

1. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
  2. Batman: A Death in the Family
  3. Superman: Birthright
  4. Sandman: Preludes & Nocturns
  5. Peacemaker '87

I feel like these books hit some major heroes and locations, and also covers some solid ground for new DC readers…it covers dark stuff, whacky stuff, weird stuff, and more! What would you choose for your DC “Starter Pack”?

7 Likes

Hello @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
Just one more question, Next month Batman The Animated Series turn 30, will DC Universe Infinite do any special tribute to the series beside DC Animated Club? :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hey hey! Good to see you in another Office Hours!

I’m admittedly VERY behind on this series…but I have loved what I’ve watched so far! I think this show is an awesome take on Harley, and can definitely showcase her in a way that would be super fund for new DC fans.

7 Likes

My top 5 pick would be…

1. The Death/The World without/Return Of Superman.
  2. Bruce Wayne: Fugitive
  3. Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '75
  4. The Batman Adventures #1-#6.
  5. Batman: Earth One. Vol 1.

And there you have it. :smiley:

4 Likes

Definitely not replacing the club! That club is full of amazing artists, and, we definitely don’t want to take away the awesome stuff goin’ on in there.

That’s correct! We’ll be randomly selecting 15(ish) images from each month, in accordance with the theme. You’ll still be able to view past gallery uploads though–but either way, the art club should keep on rockin’!

Great idea. We’ll reach out once the dust settles from the updates, and we’ll go from there!

6 Likes

We’ve been thinking up some fun ways to highlight the anniversary, so keep an eye out!

6 Likes

Greetings, fair citizen! Welcome to the Office!

Heck yeah, love those books. I feel like Doom Patrol get slept on by more casual readers, and I’d love to spread the good word!

Oooh good question. One of my all time favorite artists is Lee Bermejo…he has touched sooo many amazing characters, but I’d LOVE to see him take on a full book or series of some lesser-known heroes and villains in the DC universe. His ability to relay grit, struggle, anger, and so many other human emotions will always always stand out to me.

6 Likes

It took a moment, but I remember that name! He wrote the We Are Robin series featuring Duke Thomas. That was a few years back. Those covers (which he did) are dope. Time to go down that rabbit hole and look up his works.

Thanks for the answer!

5 Likes

If you haven’t read Batman Noel yet, remember to come back to it during the holidays…it’s an incredible classic that everyone should read!

6 Likes

If I could, I would reply with a screen captured video of me switching over from me using the DC Community page in the Chrome app, to my Home Screen, to my DCUI app, searching “Batman Noel” and adding the book to my personal list.

Consider this the Alt Text version!

5 Likes

The Perils of Penelope Pitstop by Akira Toriyama. Get nostalgic for the early days of Cartoon Network, the original Dragon Ball, and think about it!

6 Likes

This would be funny. Any ideas for a Scooby-Doo?

6 Likes

Oh boy, what a question!

In no particular order (and bear in mind I am a horror fan, so some of these comics definitely come with a content warning):

And for a version that’s much more safe for work:

7 Likes

Awesome picks! :grinning:

6 Likes

Some of us are worried that our favorite DC Universe shows might be cancelled because of budget cuts. Can you tell us anything new about this? Are we right to worry?

7 Likes

If you want to go straight, and do a Scooby Doo but comics: Jeff Parker and Doc Shaner

If you want to do a more horror-themed/monster of the month style: Scott Snyder and Francesco Francavilla

If you want to go weird, and focus more on the character-driven adventures between mysteries: Matt Fraction and Mike Allred

5 Likes

Thanks Jitsu! We’ll keep on doing what we are doing as well as keep an eye on what’s happening with Fanworks too!

7 Likes

What’s your favorite non-canon DC comic series?

Personally, Batman: Reptilian is really high on my list. Unless, Superman Smashes the Klan is non-canonical. Then Superman Smashes the Klan is my favorite lol.

6 Likes