Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Cancel The Flash
Attend to see Shazam
Black Adam on HBO Max.:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

After watching the new Sandman trailer I decided to finally read the comics for the first time. Any chance more than the first 8 issues will be put on here before/around the release of series?

Not sure if this has been asked before, sorry if it has been already. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hey J,

What are the chances, do you think, that DC would ever invest in one final push to get several thousand archival comics all digitized at once, as they did at the beginning of the digitization process? I’d love to see (and I think I speak for many) a big effort to get those final remaining undigitized comics digitized in a way that won’t take 40 years to accomplish, as it will with the 5-6 a week that we’re getting now.

And while we’re on the topic, I’m copying over @chaotickairos’s full comment from this month’s What’s New thread here, as their queries and feelings on the digitization topic perfectly mirror my own:

I hope that some of these points can please be addressed. Thank you.

8 Likes

Haha, didn’t expect that comment to make it’s way here. I do think it would be a good idea for us on the forum to have a serious talk about what we want to see out of the back issues specifically, rather than just “more issues!” That does remind me, I do have some other questions about digitization.

Do you all have some master list of every issue you’ve every published? I wonder if DC has some sort of internal counter for how much of the catalogue we have digitized. I compiled my own rough numbers a while back when I was unemployed and had the time, but I wonder how they track this stuff officially.

7 Likes

Do we know if @Barrys.Better.Half is ever coming back?

5 Likes

@Jitsu, how would I start a thing for a dead actor?

5 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:

5 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @KM_726!!!

5 Likes

Thank you @Jurisdiction !!!

6 Likes

Happy Birthday :tada::gift::birthday: @KM_726

5 Likes

Happy Birthday @KM_726! Hope you have a great Birthday today! :partying_face::birthday::tada::confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Happy birthday @KM_726!

5 Likes

Well hey there! Fancy seein’ you 'round these parts.

TBD! Keep an eye out for details–we’ll be sure to let everyone know once we have more info!

10 Likes

Also TBD. As far as I am aware, there is no confirmed information regarding NYCCC. But stay tuned!

9 Likes

Hey again! :wave:

Love this question! I think it’d have to be Krypto…He’s such a classic icon in the DC Universe! And being voiced by The Rock doesn’t hurt either. Who would you choose? :smiley:

10 Likes

I have been looking forward to answering this since you posted it! Here’s my breakdown:

-Cancel Flash.

-Move Shazam! Fury of the Gods to HBO Max.

-Attend the Black Adam premier…I just wanna hang out with Dwayne and Pierce!

What about you? What are your picks?

9 Likes

No worries! I don’t believe it has been asked…I’m not 100% sure, but I believe there are plans to bring the rest of Sandman to DCUI, but I will do some digging and confirm once I know!

8 Likes

For the sake of transparency—I am not involved in the digitization process, nor am I looped into certain decisions regarding which books get digitized over others. That being said, I (and the rest of the amazing moderators we have here) always pass along not only the community’s concerns regarding this topic, but also the community’s requests for what they’d/you’d like to see come out of the archives. As I understand it, digitizing thousands of books at once is pretty unlikely…it made sense at the beginning of all of this to front load the selection that users could have access to, but isn’t really sustainable on an ongoing basis. Digitization takes a fair amount of time, and it takes people to do it, so digitizing a massive batch of books would admittedly require a lot of both of those things—which is a tall order in the midst of an already very busy year for DC/WB. I entirely understand your concern/desire here (and I understand that others feel the same!), but in very very simple terms: with the existing workload of the content and product teams, the resources (time, people, money) that it would take to mass digitize books is very big.

With all that said! Please please keep requesting/highlighting those books you want to see digitized…I’ll chat with the mods and we’ll put together an easy way for community members to make requests, because taking requests more fluidly, and acting on them more efficiently (where possible) is something we’re genuinely working to make happen.

I don’t have specific answers to the questions posed by @chaotickairos, but I do know there are a lot of obstacles to getting certain books/runs digitized—many of which are related to legal guidelines. I will continue to discuss with the content, product, and sales teams to see what avenues we can take here.

9 Likes

This is a very good idea. Like I mentioned to @KookieSuperApe, we want to hear what the community wants out of back issues, so we can take the best approach in working towards those goals. I’m all ears, and will pass along info and ideas to the appropriate teams.

This is a good question! I’m sure something like this exists, so I’ll do some digging. Again, to be totally clear–myself and the other mods are not involved in this process, but we will always work to come up with solutions for you.

10 Likes

Good question! I’m not sure if they have plans to return, but I’ll ask around!

8 Likes