Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

How do we get more people to use the community?

9 Likes

Throwing this out there as I just returned from a cruise and saw DC themed ships while I was in Italy - can you pass along the suggestion for a DC Fan Cruise? Having a bunch of writers, artists, actors, directors, editors and more on the cruise to do panels, sign autographs and just celebrate DC while we’re on the high seas would be amazing. Knowing that everyone on board was a DC fan would make it fun to go to up to literally anyone and talk about DC comics, movies, TV shows, podcasts and more. The cosplay would be great and I think it would be a huge hit.

Not to mention the Movies Under the Stars that they could show and potential teasers of upcoming projects!

9 Likes

Asking the deep questions, I see!

This is a great question! And one that we talk about a lot. I think the answer to your question lies within 2 general aspects of “user acquisition” (I put this in quotes because I don’t see anyone here as a “user”–we’re all community members): Value Add and Barrier to Entry.

Value Add is pretty straight forward–what’s the value of joining this community? Great people, great discussions, exclusive insight from DC talent…the list goes on and on. But this is is the general incentive that we (DC Comics) want to enhance as much as possible. With the new suite of site features/improvements coming with Community 3.0, we’re starting to scratch beyond the surface of the potential that this community holds!

The Barrier to Entry is also super important–how can we make it as easy as possible to jump in here and start having fun? This question comes with maaaaany answers, but lowering the barrier to entry will make the decision of joining the DC Community much easier.

So those are two really important aspects of growing this community, and we’re hard at work on both. Ultimately: if joining the DC Community is easy, and the value is high–why wouldn’t you join? I hope that somewhat answers your question!

11 Likes

I LOVE THIS IDEA.

I haven’t been on a cruise in years, but I think this would be so fun! A lot of awesome programming could take place, and I think it would lend itself to a lot of fun for both kids and adults.

This idea totally sold it for me. Outdoor movies are my kryptonite–let alone movies on the OCEAN.

How was your cruise, by the way??

8 Likes

Besides Batman, who’s your favorite member of the Bat-Family?

6 Likes

It changes a LOT…but today, I’ll go with Tim Drake!

9 Likes

ooh! that’s one you don’t hear often!

6 Likes

who’s your favorite member of the bat-family who hasn’t been a robin or batgirl?

5 Likes

It was fantastic. Rome is an amazing city and should be experienced by all.

5 Likes

Did I miss an announcement or update while I was out of the country?

7 Likes

That it should, me and a friend one day walked 17 miles just seeing the sites.

6 Likes

Easy to do as one site leads to another, which leads to another, which leads to another…and then you have to walk back home! Walking in buildings that were built before Christianity even existed was a mind-blowing experience I still don’t think I have fully processed.

7 Likes

@Jitsu so has there been an uptick of members since the round robin started.

5 Likes

Yeah you did. There’s a thread with the announcement in #watchtower if you want to check it out

@FelixLeiter

6 Likes

You sure did!

Give it a read here: Site Updates & Enhancements: Welcome to Community 3.0!

8 Likes

There has been! Not including the 200+ fake accounts from that one individual, there has been some lovely new faces 'round here. Love to see it!

10 Likes

No and one I will never grow tired of.

5 Likes

@Jitsu what would you like to see on that fan cruise?

4 Likes

So that means first round the losing comic lost for nothing when one of them could’ve make it to the next round.:frowning:
My heart goes out to the writers, artists and fans who where cheering for those comic and are hurt by this.
I never thought anyone would ever go far.

4 Likes

You are BRILLIANT!

6 Likes