Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Ooooooh tough question. Hard to pick, but if I had to choose one right now, I’d say Captain Carrot! :carrot:

8 Likes

Good question! I admittedly don’t have too much insight into the pitches before the final selections are made, so I’m not sure if there was a larger pool that was pulled from–but I’m super stoked with the first round of picks!

7 Likes

Wooooo, goin’ global!

This is a great callout! I’ll chat with the product team and see what the deal is there–would love to see more filters too!

9 Likes

Out of curiosity, why wouldn’t we be allowed to see how many people have read a certain comic? I’m not talking specific users just general numbers. But it’s cool to know that is all tracked!

Obviously, if you can’t answer this question I totally understand.

6 Likes

Good question, Rex! Since the DCUI app is being offered in these new countries first, there will be no changes to community in the short-term. However, once we can open the community doors to these countries (timeline still TBD), translation and localization will definitely be part of the puzzle!

I believe the answer is yes, but I’ll dig up some info to confirm.

Funny you should mention this…while there aren’t any features or updates that specifically involve expanding to new countries, there are some neat things coming your way. What are those neat things, you might ask? Well, you’ll just have to wait and see–but luckily you won’t have to wait too long for more info. How’s your schedule for say…tomorrow?

You and me both! Updating and iterating on the community site has been a big priority of mine since day 1, so I’m VERY excited for the future of this amazing community!

10 Likes

I sure have! Absolutely loved it, and can’t wait to watch it again (and again and again and again…).

In case you missed it, there are some great Batman movie discussions going on over here! :batparrot:

7 Likes

My work day just got a lot better.

8 Likes

:wink: :batparrot:

8 Likes

:thinking:Now you’ve got my curiosity, this is what I love about DC Universe Infinite, sometimes you just don’t know what’s gonna happen next.
I remember what a huge surprise Superman78 & Batman89 was, us fans were wondering what’s it going to be about before a huge announcement announced what it was going to be.:grinning:
Looking forward to tomorrow!

5 Likes

Me too!!!

6 Likes

Hi @Jitsu! This is my first time participating in this office hours thread. I have always wondered if the moderators and admin such as yourself actually work for DC Comics or are volunteers who are really active on this site?

8 Likes

steps in, shakes some hands, double dips a few chips at the Craft Services table and then steps out

Hope everyone’s having a :superman:well day! :+1:t2:

8 Likes

Hey hey NinjaSupes! Thanks for hangin’ out!

Good question! We are all employees, not volunteers. Of course, we don’t have full insight into all other parts of the DC org, but when it comes to community stuff, we’re the go-to team!

13 Likes
10 Likes

@Jitsu, thoughts on Pearlman doing the voice of Darkside in a new LA movie? I had a few slight issues with the movie biggest of which is in some places it was literally too dark to see what was going on

7 Likes

You know, I like Carol Burnett and the rest of the cast of Annie just fine, but I have never liked that movie.

IDK why. My mom loves it (she loves musicals), but that movie has always grated my gears for some reason.

Still…its better than the version from 2014. That one was a mess.

I’ll take the For Tomorrow arc from Superman v2 over the song Tomorrow.

“But…why?”

'Cuz, and go cry to Lex Luthor/Daddy Warbucks if you don’t like it, Annie. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

double dips a chip, then thumbs his nose at Mrs. Hannigan

7 Likes

Penelope Cruz would be a great Zatanna.

6 Likes

As a follow up, doesn’t Ms. Cruz look like the comic book version of Zatanna?

6 Likes

I might go for someone a bit younger there

6 Likes

Hey, you’re never too old to be a superhero.

6 Likes