Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Great! Thankyou so much @Alec.Holland! :smiley:

8 Likes

Hey KSA–I totally understand that frustration, and I’ll say again that I’m really appreciative you highlight this pain point.

I’ve compiled a list of missing issues, and have given it to our content team. I’m setting up a weekly check in with them, just to make sure we’re on top of it as consistently as possible. As of now, Suicide Squad #2 is up and functional (let me know if that’s not the case for you), and Puzzlebox #13 is also up! Thank you again for rolling with the punches here…with more consistent check-ins and updates, hopefully we can alleviate this frustration.

14 Likes

Not a bad idea! I’ll chat with my team about this, and perhaps we can put something together in the coming weeks.

As far as community activations, events, and some new site features go–I can certainly share info on the direction I’d like to grow this community! We have a lot of exciting programming and content in the works…

A few things I’d like to highlight that might help provide context, however. The first is that we are still in a pretty aggressive global pandemic. This has impacted supply chains, communication between teams, workflow, and many other aspects of how we work here at DC. Despite the fact that we’ve been in this situation for 2ish years, it absolutely still poses a challenge for us in our work. The other thing I want to highlight is the gap between when AppleJack left and when I came on board…it was a pretty lengthy handful of months, which added to the challenges in workflow (and the other things I mentioned previously). I was brought up to speed very quickly, and am doing the absolute best I can to help solve some of your frustrations–but it does take time. Two of the major things I’m doing to help focus on problem solving are:

1. Establishing a weekly check-in with our content team to prioritize the missing DCUI issues.

2. Building a new Community strategy for 2022, with focuses on improving user experience of this site, and adding new content & programming to the mix.

Worth mentioning too, we’ve brought back Q&As and the Book Club back since I’ve come on board, and there’s many more in the works! So stay tuned.

With this, I believe we’ll be able to answer more questions, and actually create solutions. If you’re willing to roll with the punches as we set ourselves up for an awesome 2022, I think it’ll be worthwhile for ya!

14 Likes

Yes definitely!

New forms of content (video, and more :wink:) and more of the standards (like Q&As, Watch-Alongs, etc.) are absolutely in the works. Since the beginning of December, I’ve built a pretty beefy plan for this wonderful community in 2022, so there will be a lot getting off the ground in the coming months!

We always want to improve the DCUI experience. This is, without question, a priority for all of us here.

15 Likes

This is confirmed to be up and ready to read! I’ve also confirmed that it works on my Android phone, so let me know if it’s giving you problems.

Same as above! Confirmed up, and read-ready.

Robins #4 is also confirmed–it’s in Latest Releases!

The rest is currently being worked on solving…can you share more info about Batman Noel not working on your Android device? I have an Android phone too, and it seems to be reading just fine on my end.

13 Likes

We might have some fun threads to jump into and discuss what your favorite reads have been so far… :thinking:

All good callouts! I have a few “exclusive” plans in the works for this wonderful community…so for now, I’ll just say stay tuned. There’s so much happening this year, and lots to get excited about.

See above!

This is a great idea! It hadn’t been previously brought to my attention, but I’m definitely going to investigate a bit into what we might be able to do.

They’re still happening! A few are being planned as we speak.

We held one in December, actually (though we called it an AMA)! Stephanie Phillips and Mike Hawthorne shared some really awesome insights into the recently launched Wonder Woman: Evolution! Give it a read if you haven’t already.

As far as the Suicide Squad goes, I’m actually not sure, as that CTA was a good 5ish months before I joined…but for Peacemaker–keep your eyes and ears open! The show comes out in 2 days, so who knows what we might see… :wink:

11 Likes

Oooooh, love this question! It’s hard to pick a favorite above all others, but I REALLY love “See No Evil”. Definitely played on a few big fears of mine as a kid, and I think it’s one of the deeper episodes–really stood out to me!

8 Likes

Happy new year to you as well! Good to see you again!

Oh man, it was wild! I think for the most part, it was really really great! Out of all the cities we stopped in, I really enjoyed Nashville, Albuquerque, and Phoenix. No major hijinks, other than lots and lots of podcasts and roadtrip singalongs! One of my favorite experiences was when we were driving from New Mexico to Arizona. We were driving through some very hot, desert-y landscape–then within 30 minutes, we were at 7,000 feet on a REALLY snowy mountain! It was kind of scary, but it was also one of the most beautiful things. I felt like we were driving between biomes in a video game, hah.

Not yet! Been so busy with the move and settling in, haven’t had time to pick it up. I’ll be grabbing it this week!

Hmm interesting! I’m actually curious as to how/why you got that alert…I’ll chat with the production team and see what might be triggering that. What kinda device do you have?

10 Likes

I was actually pulling for Robins and/or the Lobo option! So I came out with a win regardless :smiley:

8 Likes

I was actually alright with it, at the time! As far as origin stories go, I’m pretty ok with them–particularly in films. Going from page to screen is such a tough transition, so I definitely give allowances to changes like that.

What about you?

8 Likes

I wanted Lobo/Animal Man to win so badly!!!

7 Likes

I need to update some answers I’ve received in the past now that we’re under a new DCU administration…ah, it’s not for you. It’s more of a Marvel Unlimited idea…

Okay, I’ll try asking anyway:

1. I hear those things are awfully loud!
  2. Is there a chance the track could bend?
  3. What about us braindead slobs?
  4. Were you sent here by the devil?
  5. The ring came off my pudding can!
  6. But Main Street’s still all cracked and broken!
8 Likes

Ooooh rapid fire questions–here we go! :00_shazam:

1. I grew up in Boston, MA!

2. My older brother got me into comics. I got me into reading Spawn at a pretty young age, which eventually got me into Batman. Thanks big bro!

3. Might sound cliche, but Batman. I’ve always enjoyed the darker, more brooding characters (especially when I was younger), and it always stuck with me.

4. Ooooh, I like this one…for comics, I’d recommend the Dark Knight Returns. I really love the older/grizzled version of Batman, and I think it paints a really awesome picture of what Gotham is like in the worst hands–and how Batman has to really dig deep to overcome the odds.

5. Just so I understand the question correctly–I’m coming up with a new casting for my favorite character? Hmm…I’ll start by saying that I think Robert Pattinson as Bats is a REALLY strong casting, in my opinion. I think Pattinson has shown some incredible range in the last handful of years, so I’m really looking forward to seeing him don the cape n’ cowl. With that said, I’d love to see someone way out from left field…like, Micheal Fassbender as Batman? I’d really enjoy that.

6. I love video games, and all things Tolkien! I’m also a boxer, and I generally enjoy hangin’ out with friends outdoors.

7. Pineapple on Pizza should be abolished…KIDDING. It’s absolutely not for me, but I support everyone’s right to put whatever they want on their pizza.

10 Likes

OoooOOOooo, you just stay tuned, my friend! You’ll be at peace once you hear about the next book club very soon… :smirk:

Amazing! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. It’s such a perfect holiday book to read.

10 Likes

This would either be really, really good, or really, really bad lol

7 Likes

Hmm…let me know which are missing from the run, so I can add it to the list–thank you!

I haven’t, BUT I’ve had no less than 25 different people recommend it to me–a few friends have specifically told me I would really love it. Might have to get into it soon!

9 Likes

Not to my knowledge! I don’t have insight into the DCUI app roadmap or feature list, so it’s tough to say why development in some areas has slowed. I’d like to connect with the product team to see if we (the community team) can get some more insight into their process.

11 Likes

You know what’s great about DC Universe Infinite monthly thing? It’s cheaper then Marvel Unlimited!:grin:

8 Likes

Mainly Silver Age issues. The Composite Superman stories should definitely be there.

7 Likes

I know you are still getting settled in, @Jitsu, and the position you’re in is a tough one but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to do this each week. Giving us a venue to ask our questions and get answers is very, very much appreciated.

You asked me, and others, to “roll with the punches” and “stay tuned” and speaking for myself I will do just that. But fair warning - I’ll also be keeping the receipts, as it were, and checking back in on this regularly. I have no reason to doubt you and hope that what you are teasing and alluding to come through. I truly do because I love this place and want to see it thrive.

If I could prioritize the many issues raised:

1. Getting the backlog of missing issues and technical issues resolved because, as @KookieSuperApe said, that’s the main reason we’re all here
  2. DC Universe Infinite exclusive comics - This was a selling point when they were trying to get us to stay subscribed or to start a subscription and it simply hasn’t come through. If you look back at the press releases from September, 2020 through January 2021 you’ll see that this was something they told us would happen and I hope it does. It would help drive subscriptions as well as people want to read their favorite characters and if the only way they could read a new title would be to subscribe to DCUI…a lot of them will sign up.
  3. Exclusive sneak peeks - This was so much fun to be a part of and it made me feel like I was special when I got to read them. That may feel corny but it’s accurate. I remember reading to exclusive sneak peek for Man-Bat and knowing that only subscribers got to see it made my smile all the wider. I hope those return. Soon.

You’ve promised to look into these and on many you say to be patient and I will be. Thank you again. I know it’s a lot of work and there are a lot of fires to put out and you’re being pulled in many different directions but your efforts are not unnoticed nor in vain. Thank you. Talk to you next week.

10 Likes