OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Any idea why the news feed jumps back to the top while scrolling? I can’t get it to stay where I am on my phone.

2 Likes

Greetings and salutationisms, Applejack! I recently watched Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, and after reading through the comments, I have to agree: we’ve seen all of you at DC outdo yourself with bringing back Young Justice…any chance some that magic can be used on Batman Beyond?

2 Likes

I agree with cparel95 that Beyond would be nice to resurrect…

3 Likes

I know that you don’t have full knowledge of future programming, but any chance that besides new original shows that DCU would consider some creator or character documentaries. Plus maybe a DC virtual convention. They could stream panels and we at home could ask questions. The store then could sell convention merchandise and signed comics and trades.

3 Likes

Oh hai everyone! I hope you’re all watching the masterpiece '89 Batman as I type!

5 Likes

Any list available of what is coming in April? I mean, all I have seen is Superman the Motion Picture is leaving.

1 Like

For anyone unaware of the process, I start at the oldest question (about 1 week ago) and come back to the present. So if you’ve asked in the last few hours, it’ll be a bit before I get back to you :slight_smile: I’ll also be taking off at 7:00pm so I can go see US tonight! :scissors:

6 Likes

It’s April 1st and the DCU offices have been taken over by one of DC’s zaniest characters.

To which overlord would you prefer to bend the knee:

1. Mr Mxyzptlk
  2. Bat-Mite
  3. Ambush Bug
2 Likes

@JoshuaLapinBertone asks:

“Question: How were the tacos?
Question 2: Aside from me, can you tell me some of the coolest people who have ever stopped by the DCU offices?”

1. They were amazing. I wish I had some tacos RIGHT NOW. Classic street tacos :yum: I actually didn’t finish them and was able to enjoy a cold taco the following day. Don’t judge.

2. You’re VERY hard to beat, JLB! The DCU offices are in a mere 6 months of infancy, and we’re just a humble administrative team, for all intents and purposes. We don’t get a lot of “creatives” through here (though we’re all arguably creative). So with that said, I’d say Jim Lee is the most eye-popping person to come in (after you). Very kind and down-to-earth!

7 Likes

Hope you love US, it looks really good!!!

3 Likes

@TurokSonOfStone1950 says:

"The thread I was talking about last Thursday is

My two last entries."

:sweat_smile:I’m sorry @Turok, it’s hard for me to connect the dots to arrive at a question I’m answering! Again, apologies this is taking weeks to get to, haha!

2 Likes

@Don-el’s Thursday query is:

“is DC Universe planning to be at Wizard World Chicago Comic Convention August 22-25 this year? If so, please provide updates between now and then is to what days and where we find you guys and all that.”

No plans at this time, but things might change! If so, I’ll make sure and update everyone with what we’re thinking. (In fact, should say as much about WonderCon next week. Thanks for the reminder.) adds task to tomorrow’s Trello board

@Don-El, you had mentioned a few folks from the DCU Discord might make it out to Chicago. If so, let me know and I’ll see about getting a small bundle of swag out for the group.

5 Likes

@Reaganfan78 asks:

"My questions is will you guys be bringing back Superman Adventures with all 66 issues soon? :slightly_smiling_face: "

And also asks:

“My other question is What will be coming and going in the month of April?”

I see a fair amount of speculation as to why it might have been removed. The notion that it might be more targeted towards kids is a really fair assessment, as it is more youth-targeted artwork. It is possible that it will return to the service, however, but I’m unable to tell you an exact target date. It’s not a matter of “if”, but “when”!

As for what’s coming in April, please stay tuned. We’re preparing our announcements now, but won’t have more details until just before April. Still a lot of moving targets :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Reaganfan78 also asks:

" I thought of this before, not sure if I mention it, it would be fun for My DC profile to see how many times you watch the movies, shows and how many you posted. :slightly_smiling_face: What you think?"

I think that’s a GREAT idea! We’re still in the works with our new forum software to finalize the basics, but a BIG component of our development with them is how to integrate their services with the other features of DC Universe. I’d love to get a series of badges that reward # of comics read, # of movies watched, and even go so far as to specify badges for how much of a single character’s content is consumed. Maybe a “Dark Knight” badge for consuming 100 pieces of Batman content, etc.

I have a series of questions I’m preparing for “Suggestion Box” that will ask you all what you’d like to see in regards to things like Badges, Custom Emojis, etc. The longer phase in that process is working with the lawyers and IP to know the boundaries and limits to what’s a llowed, to set expectations before we get too cray cray.

I typed a lot for a simple question, haha! I guess that tells you how much I like the idea ;p

9 Likes

The badges idea sounds awesome!!!

5 Likes

@Don-El asks:

“For Thursday please pass on the word to DC we’re hoping Godzilla will be published by DC and be allowed to be part of the DC Universe for a while!!!”

Hahaha, sure! I’d love that myself.

3 Likes

Hey Applejack! Sorry for jumping in with a question but I was wondering about how DC Universe chooses cities for events. As an example the early Shazam! preview was near me in Tampa, and I was wondering what I could do to make sure Tampa (or Orlando) continues to be included in those types of things! Thanks!

2 Likes

@Nathan.Payson asks:

“Last year, we knew every show coming to DCU by Comic Con. Will we more or less know what 2020 will look like following comic con? Also is the plan still to begin releasing two episodes of two different series a week in 2020?”

That’s a super fair question! I can see why the past would set an expectation for the future, but our announcements are timed by our roadmap, which is measured against our production schedules and our technical/development capabilities, rather than a convention schedule. That being said, please look forward to WonderCon next week, as we have a DC Universe panel scheduled. There are sure to be some interesting conversations that emerge from there!

For your second question, I hadn’t heard that rumor, and I asked around the office about the cadence of two episodes of two different series. We can’t seem to find corroboration for this, and it’s not something we have an understanding of here. But if you have further details or a link to the source, I’m happy to take this to the next level!

6 Likes

@Applejack

The enclopedia could’ be used to help new fans

1 if it is known where to start with the character like Anatomy Lessons for Swamp Thing

Put the titles year and issue number as the first sentence in the encyclopedia

2 some entries in encyclopedia mention only one version of the character

Robin and Batgirl only mention Damien and Barbara.

Again it would be nice to mention the other people

Like Nightwing and Red hood for Robin

And Orphan and Spoiler for Batgirl

In the first sentence

1. Wally and Barry are mentioned together in the Flash entry

It would help me enormously if the years each were active was the first three sentences

Years Barry 1959 to 1985?
Years Wally was the flash
Year Barry cane back

@Nathan.Payson adds to @Reaganfan78’s idea:

“It would be cool to have badges or marks they show that we’ve read/watched the series. Maybe even a percentage of how far we are on TV series and comic runs.”

I love the percentage addition! Makes me think of my own true love, Pokemón GO. They have badge percentages when you’ve achieved something like 10, 50, then 100 of a certain goal. Again, we have to work with unifying the forum software with other elements of DC Universe, which is a bit of a “luxury” item after all the other features we’re releasing :slight_smile: But unifying the service is definitely, like, the whole point of what we’re doing here :rofl:

6 Likes