OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Copy that!

2 Likes

So when will we get more specifics on MM? Oh, to have been a fly on the wall for that mtg.

2 Likes

Uh-oh- thank you for pointing this out. I strongly suspect it’s not device-based or account-based, particularly as the rest of the content played with audio just fine (I’m assuming? I figure you would have noticed a missing music track). I’ll log this. Thanks again for letting us know!

Edit: I just checked it out on desktop and I could hear the music, so maybe it is Roku? At any rate, I’ve logged it. Stay tuned!

4 Likes

Following up on this, by the way- Unfortunately that was a one-time deal that slipped through the cracks; as it’s a Vertigo title that doesn’t reflect any of our original content, it was removed once it was “caught”. This is why it’s important to never tell if you notice content that maybe shouldn’t be here (see: year-long Yule log.) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

We’re expanding all the time! We were also just #blessed with Birds of Prey merch, so I don’t think it’s entirely out of the realm of possibility. I haven’t seen anything on the horizon for it, but the shop is a bit of a different beast outside my realm of pulses.

3 Likes

A big shout out to Amy Dallon. She was “let go” From Collider Heroes late last week, and her along with Coy Janjou were an amazing team that brought us an energetic and fun podcast/show about our favorite comics. Thanks for everything Ms. Dallon!

6 Likes

This is complete spitball; I wasn’t ready to ANSWER this question, just ask it of you :laughing:

Here are my thoughts:

• Work with information discovered/revealed in popular TV & Video (broader audience)
  • Furthermore, target the more popular episodes of the series
  • Pose the questions as multiple choice or other “the answer is hidden format” rather than “JUST HAVE IT IN YOUR BRAIN”
  • Maybe even questions like “what is the answer to this popular Riddler riddle?” the knowledge isn’t necessarily required, but you do have to be crafty.
  • Loosening up the rules a little, maybe? (I feel less confident about this one.) Allowing people multiple guesses, etc.

Eh? Eh?

5 Likes

Unfortunately we do have a challenge with this request, as it leaves us prone to “spam” behavior (which has been a moderator challenge in the past).

However! I think we can come up with a solution that might help:

1. Would you be interested in making these posts Wikis? This means that you can add edits to your post and make it an entire compendium of information. Or do you like being able to have segments of comments?

2. We can lift the character limit on Wikis, so that you don’t have to worry about those character limits when making your incredibly helpful databases.

3. I can also see if there’s a way to apply a code to a specific topic to allow for more comments just there. It might take a little longer, whereas 1 & 2 could happen next week.

Interestingly, I don’t think we’ve changed this setting recently, but clearly your Road to Trinity allowed for more so something tricked up there.

Let me know your thoughts on converting these into Wikis! If you like the idea, I would be more than happy to ask a moderator to help gather all the information in one place so you don’t have to do all the administrative parts.

5 Likes

It makes me sad that you have to cut valuable information, or that Turok has to feel locked out of his own essential reading topics. Thinking out loud here…

7,000 sounds like a lot. 10,000 sounds like a lot. But ultimately, we need an INFINITE option! When it comes to a Road to Trinity, on how we got to the Trinity, or a compendium of the Super Hero Genre History, we are CERTAINLY going to need a bigger boat.

I feel very strongly about making sure we have some sense of limitations, as unfortunately we simply can’t trust everyone to be responsible. I do sense some solution in a Wiki, which has a few more barriers to entry, and communicates a clear message about expectations in regards to how we organize our forums.

I’ll continue to mull this over, I’m not saying a hard “no”, just a “I have to brood in the moonlight” more about it.

3 Likes

giphy (6)

7 Likes

I’ll add that to the our request doc :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ACK! I haven’t seen it! I chose to see Little Women recently and don’t regret it. I haven’t seen Mandalorian, either. I’m much more of a Trekkie than a Star Wars fan :love_you_gesture: (close enough). Not that they’re inherently in competition, but you know what I mean.

5 Likes

I’m afraid not, the competition just isn’t structured that way. I know there are some fan film contests that do something similar, but in this case we are leaning into our access to the generosity of our celebrity guest hosts :slight_smile: But there will be lots of opportunities in the future for fans to vote on other elements of the service!

2 Likes

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!! I missed this, what a great concept! Absolutely, would be happy to :slight_smile: Please DM the moderator group when a winner is crowned and we’ll make it happen. Exciting! :sparkles:

5 Likes

iJEST! You have been missed! The kitties have been mewling for weeks. I have heard whispers. The mists are parting.

4 Likes

Fingers crossed the the rumours of the Star Trek 4 movie news…

5 Likes

I’m so sorry, I am not able to help with billing issues- our community forums are dedicated to deep dive discussions and feedback, but we are not able to access your payment accounts. It is my understanding that if your account is through a third party payment provider such as iTunes, Google Play, etc. you will need to manage through those systems, but our Customer Support department will be able to give you much better guidance.

Please reach out to Customer Support as soon as possible at yourdcu.com/submit for your refund. Thanks!

1 Like

Good call on the FAQ, we’ll whip something up.

While clicking erratically to find what you’re describing I was able to find this:
https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/badges

By clicking “Badges” when looking through individual ones that have been granted.

Eh? Eh?

3 Likes

The plot thins. Thank you.

2 Likes

She’s so sassy, I love it!

Here’s what I’ve got cracks knuckles

Undo & Redo Buttons in the Editor

Let me ask the devs about this- I imagine you’d like the history the system’s memory holds to be quite a few steps? I wonder what the standard is on this.

Community-Linked Comic Threads

Ah, yes, you and the fam are sweet summer children of Community 2.0! Gather round, KeyFamily, and I’ll tell you a tale. We had another community, once. It was wild, and rough, and it was ours. That community, while limited, was simple enough for us to integrate the system into our content comments. When we released Community 2.0 in late October, it came time to estimate how we would incorporate those comments. This is still very much on the table, but it is not yet at its optimal elegance. What you see is the sacrifice made to summon 2.0 into existence in the Community section. We continue to iterate on that experience in the content, but it is admittedly not beautiful.

At this time I am pushing very hard to overhaul the design and interactivity of our poppin’ Community Events section, but the Content Comments will become a stronger priority in late Q2.

Availability of Books in the DCU Store

Excellent question! I think generally we are doing our best to define ourselves as the digital resource for issues that are hard to find in retailers. This is a big part of the reason for our year delay between when issues hit shelves and when they land on our service. We have fond memories of our friendly local comic shops and want to support them as best we can while still providing a fulfilling fan engagement service.

At this time that’s not a HUGE priority, however, we do discuss rewards programs such as a membership of DC Universe earning you discounts at participating retailers. A pipe dream, but this is the kind of conversation that manifests into.

Great questions, very insightful!

4 Likes