OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Copy that- @LK3185 mentioned the same problem with YouTube, above. Do you get the same “Sorry, we weren’t able to find anything at this link” error?

1 Like

Yay, so happy to have another supporter for Wikis! They need to be nurtured like tiny little gardens, but one day we will make them a focus feature. I’ll pass Kamandi along to our editorial team, that would make Marguerite Bennett very happy, as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

giphy (1)

3 Likes

Heya Reaganfan78! Happy New Year to you, as well! :slight_smile: I’m as ready as I’ll ever be :sunglasses:

Oh boy… A very specific question doesn’t come to mind (probably given the sluggish holiday-brain I’ve been accumulating since last Friday). When Office Hours first started, I used to gather up all the questions in advance and painstakingly pore over them to make sure I answered everything just right. I like that now I feel much more confident to jump in blind and give off-the-cuff, authentic answers that come from a place of more knowledge.

You know, any time someone comes to Office Hours to express their concerns is always valuable. People have a right to voice their opinion anywhere on the forums, happy, unhappy or otherwise, and it’s not always appropriate for me to chime in with a monologue in response. They should be able to say what they’re thinking freely without myself or a moderator trying to persuade them away from how they rightfully feel. But if they come to Office Hours, it’s an opportunity to really share the opportunities and possibilities and full value of what we do here. It’s a chance to open up a dialogue and have a meaningful conversational. Maybe not a FUN moment, but I truly do happily answer those because I’m very passionate about what we do.

Weeeeeell a little bit like cheating- like you said, I started back in February, so it’s a big ol’ time stack of comments. But it’s really nice to know that Office Hours still feels useful for members, so as long as people still have questions to ask, I’ll keep stacking the comments.

I don’t know that answer off the top of my head, but I can find out when the offices re-open in January :slight_smile:

I’ll pass the request along to our content team, absolutely!

I’m not sure about DC Universe logo items, but absolutely we’ll continue to add new items to the store!

Oh my gosh I’ve watched it about 20 times. I’m SO excited for it, probably even more excited than I was for the first Wonder Woman film. I think of the upcoming lineup it’s the DC film I’m most excited for.

Never say “never”, but at this time it’s not on horizon.

Sometimes ridiculous questions are the best questions, but it’s always a pleasure! Happy 2020 if we don’t chat again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welp, this is going in the rotation.

3 Likes

Nothing I can think of standing in the way!

3 Likes

:tropical_fish: indeed… stand by!

From what I can surmise, there is a deeper challenge here with that issue. We’ll have to take it to our archives department to find out what might have happened to the original that prevented it from being digitized. Sometimes there were damages or missing pages.

One of my orders of business upon return is to get a Q&A together with an archives rep, and this would be a good issue to ask about as a case study for others like it (issues that, by all other rights, should be represented, but why not?).

3 Likes

There are whole classes devoted to this topic! Below are some bullet points I give folks that can help improve resumes for all jobs you’re applying for:

• Don’t make it flashy and graphical, UNLESS you’re a graphic designer- this actually can work against you, as many companies use automated processes and will not register a unique font, images, or unusual formats. Keeping it simple is considered more professional, as the content should speak for your skills.

• Craft your work experience to tell a story of why you are qualified. Update job duties at past jobs to reflect tasks that are relevant to the job you are going for- Adding tasks that fill space, but aren’t relevant, will be easy to glaze over.

• Include volunteer experience, certifications, or other achievements that could add color and personality to who you are; not only do you have XYZ job experience, but you also show diverse interests in social causes and a commitment to personal growth.

That’s a starter off the top of my head, hopefully this is helpful!

3 Likes

Chances are your annual subscription lapsed; you should have received an e-mail alert from DC Universe regarding this to help with avoiding this gap. There is also a 20% discount for folks who are re-subscribing, so please let me know if you missed out- or better yet, contact our billing team directly and they’ll get your sorted out (yourdcu.com/submit). I’m sorry for the trouble!

3 Likes

I just explored on my Android device, and I can’t find a meaningful way to do this from the “Messages” menu. Now, if you find the person you want to message, and you click their profile icon, you CAN message that way- a little workaround until we get the devs to customize a button for us :slight_smile: Thanks for the heads up!

4 Likes

The spirit of Santa Clark lives in us all!

5 Likes

I did, thank you! I got to watch Cats with friends and spend the afternoon reeling over how preposterous it was. It was a fantastic day. I hope you got what you wanted, too!

I doubled down on my sacrifices to Santa every year since.

Welp, yes, this is my headcannon now and forever. :clap::clap::clap: I bow to you, sir.

5 Likes

No word on a Season 2 of Stargirl or release date on Season 3 of Titans yet, so still too early to tell!

2 Likes

Happy New Year, markhb! We get a lot of demand for Krypton Season 2 here, so :crossed_fingers: But nothing definitive yet :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh my god, Cats was UNBELIEVABLE. One of my best theater experiences of the year.

3 Likes

HA! There’s a theater in my area doing “rowdy” screenings that I’m tempted to go to- not sure if I’d see it AGAIN, but, tempted!

3 Likes

All right, friends- I made it through the brainfog! I appreciate everyone that asked questions over the last week, month, and year! This concludes Office Hours for 2019- CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE IT?

I hope you’re all enjoying a relaxing holiday, and I look forward to the party that will be 2020 with you all :slight_smile: We’re just getting started! :heart: :heart: :heart:

7 Likes

Oh well, I never, was there ever a Bat so clever as magical mod we call Applejack?

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:It’s official: Office Hours has jumped the shark.

:door::running_woman:t3:

6 Likes

I resubscribed at $59.99, but I did not get a reminder e-mail, unless I overlooked it. No worries, though, as I am back up and running regardless!!! Thanks as always for the responses!!!

2 Likes