OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Hi everyone,

A lot of news has been coming at you. I want nothing more than to rush to your side and offer reassurance, next steps, and a clear vision for the long-term future; but at this time, I am unable to provide these reassurances in the way you’ve come to know here in Office Hours.

Here’s what I can safely tell you: Yes, there are changes coming. Those changes are not well-defined. For the foreseeable future, we will be continuing DC Universe with the same irreverent, challenging, and quality exploration of our beloved stories. We have quite a lot of time left in this dance contest, and I would hate to spend its entirety lamenting and wringing our hands.

I have heard that the company would like to continue what we have here in some capacity. And that is the extent of my knowledge. I will continue to work with those members of the community who have launched independent projects to support the comics library archive. I will be reaching out to those folks individually over the next week to touch base and discuss the next steps.

We will be moving forward with supporting FanDome and any other initiatives coming out of the DC franchise.

Because of the extreme level of sensitivity around the recent news, I will be closing comments and delaying Office Hours until next week (Tuesday, August 18th). Closing the comments isn’t meant to stifle your voices, it is merely a function to ensure this message is seen so people are informed of the change of schedule, and reasoning.
At that time, I believe there will be a few more details to share. Thanks to all for your kind words and outreach, and know that I am personally still happy and healthy. My primary focus right now is how to make sure and continue the Community we have built here that so beautifully supports the stories we love.

Until next week! :heart:

56 Likes