OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

I’d say so. I watch Chelsea matches at 4:30AM, there is no pub open to gather around and watch, but any match is an event to me.

3 Likes

Is that Toonces? (If you don’t know, go rewatch late 80s/early 90s episodes of SNL)

3 Likes

Happy Galentine’s Daaaay!

giphy (1)

Being Galentines means never having to say you’re sorry ;p Although you’ve been dearly missed, we’re happy for whatever Mae time we can get :heart_eyes: I was about to ask if you liked BoP!!

I don’t know what the problem seems to be, I freaking loved it. I thought it was just good old-fashioned fun. I’ve seen it twice now and DANG is it entertaining. I love me some bad*ss fight scenes, and these were no disappointed. And Ewan McGregor, I mean, jeeeeeez! I do see the points around Cassandra Cain’s character not being true to form, but that didn’t take down the whole movie for me.

I really dug Canary’s fight scenes, but I especially liked when Huntress rode down the slide stabbing the guy and was just like “what?” when they came to a stop. :rofl:

GIRL. I LOVE the new Batman suit. I love it all around. The Lighthouse (With Pattinson & Dafoe) stole the show for me last year, and I can’t wait to see what performances come out of this. Plus, Zoe Kravitz, I mean, COME ON! I’m all for dark. It is Batman we’re talking about, after all!

4 Likes

:yum: :yum: :yum: You know my heart.

3 Likes

For me, I thought the larger flair was nice and seeing who last posted is good, as there are some folks I “follow” so at a glance knowing, they just replied to a thread is a nice value add. The only other stat I feel would be a value add is number of posts in the thread. Mostly so you know if you are jumping into it for the first time especially, how much you have to catch up with.

3 Likes

I am expecting it tomorrow, so stay tuned! If you missed it, we will be having a new series dropping on the service starting Friday, February 28th that I’m terribly excited about; I’ve seen the first episode and it’s VERY entertaining!

Oooh, I did really enjoy it. But to your point, I haven’t seen WW 2009, so that could be the tie-breaker. I thought the action sequences were :chefkissyhands: and a solid emotional exploration of the relationship between mother and daughter. But maybe I’ll give WW 2009 a shot and see what kind of comparisons I come up with.

4 Likes

Good to know! I’m sorry if you were given a hard time about Reaganfan, but I do think Penguinfan has a nice ring to it!

2 Likes

DCU poll on Sexiest Man? Oh when will folks stop objectifying men for their hot bods :rofl:

joking. We gonna get a poll for the ladies though?

3 Likes

Absolutely, I didn’t find it confusing (a criticism I’ve seen) or (gasp) boring. It was just non-stop Looney Tunes, just like our Queen of Mayhem. And the colors! The colors, I say!

The sandwich scene made me laugh till I cried. That’s all I needed.

2 Likes

Did something change? Every time I hit the like my phone vibrates slightly and I never noticed that before

2 Likes

You would be surprised what a great straight man Steel makes against the outlandish intergalactic antics of Howard.

My RUNNER UP answer would be a Dr. Strange & Zatanna team up. Wowee wow wow.
Do you have an ideal in mind?

4 Likes

You’ve been warned. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Nooo, it’s because your name was the one right about what I was typing!! Sorry to single you out :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

You might have missed it, it was a whole thing! A lot of folks in the community went LEGO on a whim. I think I’m going to go back to “Applejack Classic” :laughing: after Office Hours tonight :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So this UI change that was talked about, does that also include all the images at the top of the page disappearing? I’ve noticed that on both desktop and mobile and was kind of bummed out. I felt it made it easier to find specific threads I was looking for, especially in Community Events.

4 Likes

I was wondering what was up with that as well. I thought maybe I had done something wrong on the WoB post

4 Likes

Richard Dragon vs. Danny Rand.

3 Likes

I’m definitely keeping that in mind! We have a whole slew of other improvements we’re working on, but that is definitely up the ol’ sleeve. Some other items you can look forward to are:

• A “Message” button on mobile in the DM section
  • an improved emoji menu with TONS of new DC Originals emojis
  • Easier navigation across desktop and mobile
  • Improved badge functionality
  • iOS links that work, including YouTube videos that play
  • Improved clarity on profile pictures
  • Improved appearance across menus, topics, all sorts of stuff
  • Accurate “join” dates
  • Updates to category backgrounds to be more graphic/less sullen
  • Lots of micro bug improvements

But I’m hoping for additional reactions by end of year :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They don’t tell me nothin’ about what’s coming out of DC Publishing! They keep that information VERY closely guarded. But I’m also super excited to see what’s next- wouldn’t a Stargirl comic just make SENSE?

4 Likes

Ooh is DC Universe All-Star Games going to be like what Geek & Sundry does with Critical Role and other similar live-play RPG shows? But set in the DC universe? And each episode is 4 hours? :laughing:

6 Likes

Ya old smoothie.

3 Likes