Obscurity of DC Presents: Ultra-bscure Book Club, Week 6 (December 11-December 17) --- VIMANARAMA!

Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Obscurity of DC’s sixth Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

VIMANARAMA!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 17+

Number of Issues: 3 (or an omnibus)

Not-so-brief description from dc.com: From the fertile mind and nimble fingers of writer Grant Morrison and artist Philip Bond comes the latest in multiculturalist spectacle! Color, song and cosmic violence collide in VIMANARAMA, collecting the 3-issue Vertigo miniseries that fuses East and West together into a transcendental delight of romance and danger. Feel the Earth tremble as 19-year-old grocer’s son Ali and his beautiful arranged bride Sofia accidentally unleash an ancient race of unimaginable evil from beneath Bradford, England, then summon the equally powerful Prince Ben Rama and his Ultrahadeen to do battle against them. Shudder as Ben Rama reveals his love for Sofia, the reincarnation of his immortal soul mate, only to lose all his power at her hesitation. And thrill to the final battle between good and evil, played out over the ancient land of Atlantis together with the consummation of the ultimate end-of-the-world love story. All this and more awaits you in VIMANARAMA, the best of all worlds!

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. If you were Ali, would you be as content as Omar says he should be? Explain.
  2. Why do you think Ali’s family is so harsh on him?
  3. Do you think Sofia loves Ali more or Prince Rama more? Explain.
  4. Who was your favorite member of the group: Sofia, Ali, and Prince Rama? Why?
  5. Did you enjoy the accents in Ull’Gul’s dialogue? Why or why not?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

4 Likes

Ok…THIS is the kind of stuff I am here for! I have never heard of this and it sounds wild. With Grant Morrison at the helm I know I’m in for a unique experience.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see you so excited! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

1 Like