Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Obscurity of DC’s fifth Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…
THE LIVING GOTHAM!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
What We’ll Be Reading: Batman Beyond: Neo-Year
Number of Issues: 6
Not-so-brief description from dc.com: Neo-Gotham is alive and has killed Bruce Wayne. It’s rejected Terry McGinnis as Batman and offered him the chance to escape. Terry turned it down—he is the city’s protector, and he will uphold the legacy of Batman. Now Neo-Gotham will do everything in its power to destroy Terry, including creating brand-new villains to fight him. Terry’s first year without Bruce Wayne begins…does he have a fighting chance? From the rising-star creative team of Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing (Kang the Conqueror) and Max Dunbar (Batman: Urban Legends, Robin), a new future for Batman Beyond has begun!
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- Did you like seeing Living Gotham’s POV in the very beginning of each issue? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Living Gotham is a villain?
- Do you think Living Gotham sees itself as a villain? If so, what do you think Living Gotham sees itself as? Please explain.
- Why do you think Living Gotham sees Batman as its most powerful threat?
- Why do you think Living Gotham chose to take over the people it did?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!