Obscurity of DC Presents: Ultra-bscure Book Club, Week 17 (March 12-March 18) — SPACE GHOST!

Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Obscurity of DC’s seventeenth Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

SPACE GHOST!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+

Number of Books: 1

Brief description from dc.com: For the first time, learn how Space Ghost got his power bands and why he protects the galaxy from evil! Witness the tragic circumstances that led to his donning a cowl and his first battle with archnemesis Zorak!

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. What do you think fuels Space Ghost more: Vengeance, Anger, Love, or something else? Explain.
  2. Did you like that Salomon was the narrator? Why or why not?
  3. Why do you think Space Ghost cared so much about the kids, but not about the other citizens?
  4. Who do you think was Space Ghost’s biggest enemy: Temple or Zorak? Why?
  5. Do you think Salomon would condone Space Ghost’s actions or condemn them? Why?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

4 Likes

Very nice!

While Space Ghost isn’t a DC character, his mini from the '00s definitely is on the more obscure side.

Also, and as a Space Ghost fan since the early '90s, when I watched the original Space Ghost series on TNT, I have to do this:

inhales

Spaaaaace Ghooooost!

takes a breather and a swig of Grape Soder

That’s for you, Gary “The OG Space Ghost” Owens.

pulls out the Space Ghost trade and begins his latest re-read of the series

1 Like

Hey @Jurisdiction once I’ve read the material, do I post my answers to the discussion Q’s as a reply in this thread? Just wanted some clarification. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes you can! Some people choose not to answer, but it’s totally dependent on if you want to answer or not.

If you do want to answer, this is the thread to respond on.

Did that answer your question?

1 Like

Yes, Thank you!

2 Likes

Ofc!

1 Like