Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Obscurity of DC’s tenth Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be concluding a 2-week focus on…
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
Number of Books: 1 (We’ll only read the second one this week).
Not-so-brief description from dc.com: In 2001, the unthinkable happened-Stan Lee, the comics creator most synonymous with Marvel, reimagined DC’s greatest heroes with a lineup of comics’ greatest artists. Back in print following the legend’s passing in 2018, this collects the second half of Lee’s unique takes on DC’s greatest icons, reinventing them from the ground up. Collects Just Imagine Stan Lee with John Byrne Creating Robin #1, Just Imagine Stan Lee with Gary Frank Creating Shazam! #1, Just Imagine Stan Lee with Scott McDaniel Creating Aquaman #1, Just Imagine Stan Lee with Chris Bachalo Creating Catwoman #1, Just Imagine Stan Lee with Walter Simonson Creating the Sandman #1, and Just Imagine Stan Lee with John Cassaday Creating Crisis #1.
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- Do you like the new heroes or the heroes from Book 1 more?
- Did you like the “On the Streets?” Why or why not?
- Did you like Robin’s arc of turning into multiple heroes (Hawkman & Atom)? Which was your favorite: Robin, Hawkman, or Atom? Please explain.
- Did you like that Crisis was an actual villain, in contrast to DC’s several crises? Explain.
- Out of the new reimagined characters (from Book 2), who was your favorite? What about out of all the reimagined characters from this storyline? Please explain.
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!