Obscurity of DC Presents: Ultra-bscure Book Club, Week 1 (November 6-November 12) --- NUBIA!

Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Obscurity of DC’s VERY FIRST Ultra-bscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

NUBIA: QUEEN OF THE AMAZONS!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 13+

Number of Issues: 4

Not-so-brief description from dc.com: Nubia may be queen, but not all Amazons call Themyscira home, which prompts the new monarch to leave Themyscira for the first time in decades to serve her people in a way Hippolyta never had the opportunity to. Now, as she embarks on her tour through Man’s World to show off the newly established sisterhood, she will be met with joy, distrust, and danger. As she travels to the homes of both the Bana-Mighdall and Esquecida tribes, something lurks in the shadows following her every move. A villain from Nubia’s mysterious past has been waiting for the day the queen joined the outside world again, and they’re ready to make her wish she never left the paradise! Taking place right after the Nubia: Coronation Special, a second miniseries for the fan-favorite Amazon begins! You won’t want to miss the exciting new adventures of the one true queen, brought to you by the creative team behind Nubia & the Amazons-writer Stephanie Williams and artist Alitha Martinez!

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. Why do you think Nubia made more public appearances in Man’s World, as opposed to the more defensive/isolated approach of Hippolyta?
  2. Why do you think Nubia left the Amazons of Themyscira so soon after becoming queen?
  3. How do you think Nubia felt when she replaced Hippolyta, someone she’s long considered a friend, as queen?
  4. Why do you think Hawkgirl wanted to be Nubia’s Justice League liaison?
  5. Why do you think Nubia felt she had to fight Neser alone?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

5 Likes

Love the name “Ultra-bscure” - well done on that!

2 Likes

Thanks! It would’ve taken me a while, but I was thinking about how to relate the two for a name. I was just repeating “Ultra, Obscure” over and over again, and it hit me lol!

2 Likes