Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 46 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll begin a 2-week focus on…
THE WAR THAT TIME FORGOT!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
Number of Issues: 6 (Please only read issues 1-6)
Brief description from dc.com: It’s a time-warped tale for the ages as warriors throughout the history of the DCU find themselves trapped on a dangerous, dinosaur-infested island. How did characters like G.I. Robot, Enemy Ace and Firehair wind up here – and for what nefarious reason? Find out in this collection featuring issues #1-6 of the 12-part miniseries event!
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- Why do you think Lt. Carson trusted the group so quickly?
- Why do you think the story focuses so heavily on Lt. Carson?
- Why do you think Jarhead keeps saying Tomahawk isn’t a “real Indian?”
- This series introduced several new characters, such as Lt. Carson, Akisha, and Jarhead. Why do you think they used new characters instead of focusing on other war heroes?
- The War That Time Forgot was actually first introduced in Star-Spangled War Stories #90 back in 1960. Why do you think DC only just showed us what The War That Time Forgot was in 2008?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!