Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 40 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be concluding a 2-week focus on…
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
Number of Issues: 1 (70-page)
Very brief description from dc.fandom.com: Joseph Jones was General Glory, a patriotic war hero who resurfaced in the 90s. He became a member of the Justice League International.
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- Why do you think Paul Kupperberg and J.M. DeMatteis (the authors) decided to keep General Glory known as just a comic character? Why not show the world General Glory is real?
- General Glory has a lot of attributes that people look up to. However, those attributes are often masked by his naïvety. Do you think General Glory’s naïvety overshadows his positivity? Explain.
- Do you think General Glory will ever adjust to common times? Do you think he has already? Explain.
- Did you like Joe Jones’s dynamic with Donovan Wallace? Why or why not?
- Did you think it was smart of Paul Kupperberg and J.M. DeMatteis (the authors) to kill off General Glory? Did you enjoy the murder? Why or why not?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!