Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 39 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be starting a 2-week focus on…
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
What We’ll Be Reading: Justice League America (Please only read issues 46-53)
Number of Issues: 7
Very brief description from dc.fandom.com: Joseph Jones was General Glory, a patriotic war hero who resurfaced in the 90s. He became a member of the Justice League International.
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- Why do you think J.M. DeMatteis and Keith Giffen (the authors of the story) decided to introduce General Glory as an old man?
- General Glory and Major Earnest were both modeled after Captain America and Bucky Barnes. Why do you this the makers of General Glory and Major Earnest decided to model them each on such iconic Marvel superheroes?
- Why do you think Guy Gardner respects General Glory so much, especially since he disrespects everyone else?
- Why do you think Schmidt still wants to kill General Glory, especially since the other Nazis don’t want to get involved?
- Do you like General Glory’s character? Why or why not?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!