Obscurity of DC Presents: Obscure Book Club, Week 31 (September 25 - October 1) --- GETAWAY GENIUS/MAX ROBOTO!

Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 31 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…

GETAWAY GENIUS AND MAX ROBOTO!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 15+

What We’ll Be Reading (For Getaway Genius): Batman (Vol 1) — Issues 170, 201, and 703

What We’ll Be Reading (For Max Roboto): Batman (Vol 1) — Issues 666 and 700
Number of Issues: 5

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. Do you think it’s smart of Getaway Genius to avoid killing Batman? Explain.
  2. Do you find Getaway Genius’s arrogance to be justified? Explain.
  3. In issue 703, we learn that Batman intentionally let Getaway Genius go, so he could raise his daughter. If you were Batman, would you have done the same thing? Why or why not?
  4. Why do you think Max Roboto worked for a man as insane as Bat-Devil?
  5. Why do you think Batman killed Max Roboto even though he gave Batman information?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

5 Likes

someone said my name! nice selection lol. We have all week like last time right?

2 Likes

Yup! You actually have as long as you want, I just post a new Obscure Book Club each week.

2 Likes

Thank you! no time limit helps, I’m usually here on weekends.

2 Likes

I had no idea your alias was a DC character! I don’t read a lot of Batman, but I’ll keep this in mind.

2 Likes

I’d let him go. i wouldn’t want to rob a kid of their father or mother, and Batman understands that. not killing Batman is smart, too, if for no other reasons than you aren’t a killer that way and he keeps the competition under control, lol. as for Max, I always assume crazy is drawn to power, but this was a complicated story where there’s a lot of (time travel, retcons and spans other titles) fear and jealousy, and that’s why Max is left for dead. collateral damage.

hope you enjoy it if you get around to it!

2 Likes